Moca

Sep 20, 2003
I am curious what historic sites are preserved in Moca.

Is there a marker for the exact place where Lillis Hereaux was assassinated?

I know there are a couple of run down buildings that have a Hereaux connection in Moca, are they open to the public? The photos I saw of them were several years old(1990's) and they looked pretty run down. I was wondering if they had been restored?

Does anyone have photos of any of these sites?

Does anyone have a recommendations as to what other historic sites are worth seeing in Moca?

How long does it take to get from Moca to Salcedo?

Any information is appreciated.

Uruby

Oct 18, 2006
I was recently visiting my family in Moca...and honestly the only historic sites I visited were La Iglesia del Corazon de Jesus-in the center of the city-, also El Monte De Oracion-in San Victor, a small town in Moca- (beautifull view from the top of the mountain where the Cross is), and in Gurabo a restaurant called Camp David Ranch-they have an exhibit of Trujillo's car and the food is very good.

Sep 20, 2003
I was recently visiting my family in Moca...and honestly the only historic sites I visited were La Iglesia del Corazon de Jesus-in the center of the city-, also El Monte De Oracion-in San Victor, a small town in Moca- (beautifull view from the top of the mountain where the Cross is), and in Gurabo a restaurant called Camp David Ranch-they have an exhibit of Trujillo's car and the food is very good.

Thank you for your response.

I know Camp David is a house left over from the Era of Trujillo.

What about the other places you mentioned, what makes them historic? Do those two sites you mentioned, La Inglesia del Corazon de Jesus and El Monte De Oracion have a connection to Lillis Hereuax or another time in Dominican History?

Did those two sites have museums I could visit?

Sep 19, 2005
I go to Moca every holiday...what do you want a picture of?

they have a big church there, that is famous...i think camp david is IN Santiago...it is so close it might as well be...

let me know

bob

Sep 20, 2003
Bob

I go to Moca every holiday...what do you want a picture of?

they have a big church there, that is famous...i think camp david is IN Santiago...it is so close it might as well be...

let me know

bob

Bob, what a generous offer!

If possible, please post a photo of the Church's exterior and interior.

I read once that there was, at one time in the past, a marker of somekind showing where Hereuax was assassinated. I don't know if it is still there. Or if it ever really existed at all. Please post a photo of that marker, if possible.

This is a lot to ask, but if possible could ask where the houses that once belonged to Hereaux are located? They are supposed to be downtown somewhere. I saw a photo taken in the 1990's and they looked to be in very bad condition. I wonder if they have been restored. One was a gingerbread style house made of wood. The other was a stone building that was some kind of government office.

One last request. There is a monument to the "Heroes of Moca", built in rememberence of the men from Moca that were involved in killing Trujillo in 1961, I would like to see a photo of its present condition.

I will be grateful for anything you are able to post.

I read that Camp David was on a mountain side overlooking Santiago.

Thank you.