Pub Crawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

sosua1

Sep 24, 2006
I hear that the pub crawl is one thing not to miss out on, Does anyone know the cost and the lenght of this trip in Puerto Plata. Thanks........Sosua1;)

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hm, paying for a guided pub tour ? Isn't it better to explor on your own ? To take a pub / bar round in the Sosua area is neither difficult or dangerous.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
not just that anytime you use a tour service or most taxi services theres a commission involved. this means you pay a little extra for everything and they come back later and collect their money after you gone. waste of time in the DR. theres soooo many bars just wander around and go to them yourself.In Sosua especially. rent a scooter and wander around like we did last trip. we found all sorts of bars and places in out of the way places. got to meet some interesting people too. a lot of the smaller bars are owned and operated by the entire family. its interesting to see and they are generally quite welcoming to outsiders looking to buy a few beers and relax.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
The last I heard it was $49US and included a meal at Cafe Cito, transportation to and from your resort (depending on location), bus, drinks on the bus and a guide/chauffeur/chaperone and went to Puerto Plata, Sosua and Cabarete. Confirm details with Tim Hall at Cafe Cito.

See: Pub Crawl Home Page

Gregg

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
The club crawl

I will take you on a Pub crawl myself whenever you want, We start in Sosua and end in Sosua in between we can go anywhere your heart desires. The price of the trip is you buy the beer.
Badpiece

Then at the end of the night we get to terrorize the watchie man...Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
You are something else

I think the watchman asked to have his pay cut so that he could help finance my invertor, Sort of a life insurance policy for the watchman ;)

Too bad I wasn't there to enjoy it. Will be down November 9 till ??? You down there? We'll have a bottle tossing contest.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Remember guys

Some of these folks are very new to the DR and the pub crawls are not a bad idea, IMHO...they are OUT of the AI's and having fun. Cafecito, across from Playa Dorada resort area is a very good place to start. They are safe, chapperoned (sp?), get drinks all they want and wind up back at their hotels in one piece. If you are new to the DR......do it. If you wanna explore......do that too. It's all fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.