Just got a job offer in DR......

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
I am a U.S cityzen living right now in the state of Massachusetts, and I just been hire by a company down in DR to work full time in the finance field, I was born in DR but raise in the United States by my father, I recently divorce my wife of 7 years and I am ready to make a move, but not sure if I want to take such a high risk relocating back to Santo Domingo, I am looking for some feed back in the desicion.

Thanks

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
If you are a US hire for sure they will pay you much more than a local would be hired for, so go for it. Why not take this opportunity to check out the country. If you are well paid you can isolate yourself from many of the downside to living in the DR (such as by living in a place that has good back up power). It does not have to be more of a high risk decision than even moving to Paris. Actually, it is a low risk. Did you know the DR is seen as a very desirable location for most diplomats?

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
Thank you, for the comment by I just did the numbers and the salary that they are paying me won't cover half of what my expenses will be.