Mr. Guzman- Appointment Question

edwindr

Oct 9, 2006
Ive been married about 1 year and a 1/2... and still we are on the waiting list. Ive heard that theres a 2 yr wait for appointments at the embassey. Is there anyway to fast forward the process- perhaps by paying a fee?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Mr. Guzman practices Dominican law. Your question needs to be directed toward someone familiar with US immigration law.

While I am not a lawyer (I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night:)), as far as I know short of getting some bigwig to interfere for you, there is no way to speed up the process.

BTW, welcome to DR1.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ive been married about 1 year and a 1/2... and still we are on the waiting list. Ive heard that theres a 2 yr wait for appointments at the embassy. Is there anyway to fast forward the process- perhaps by paying a fee?

You don't say what country you are from so we'll assume you're from the US?

here is the info Visa Information for Immigrants and again assuming you've had your application in for 1 1/2 years, the answer is yes there is a long list of maybe 2 years.

Rellosk is right Mr Guzman practices Dominican law so it's the embassy of the country you're trying to get into that you have to deal with.

Also have a look at Dominicans to the USA