Clubs and Bars in SOSUA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ismenie

Sep 14, 2006
I will be in town a couple of days. A group of males searching for places for some cold beer, food, and music. Can someone please direct me to some areas where we can enjoy ourselves. We do not have any concerns if it is a hole in the wall or not. The more locals the better. I do not want to hang with all tourists.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Depends on what you like

Are you European? North American? You like clubs? Techno music? Rock and roll? You want to just hang out and watch sporting events without being molested by the putas? Sosua has everything... Clue me in and I can help guide you.

Ismenie

Sep 14, 2006
American

Not into techno music, but I will take a bar where I can watch some games. We are a group of males, seeing some women around will not hurt. As for the putas, we can deal with the attention if we don't want it. I would definitely like some clubs where we can mingle with the locals and just have a few beers. Also, I enjoy watching people dancing Bachata, salsa.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
sosua life bar and the merengue bar have tv's and plenty of women, working women. they are located on the main street, pedro clisante. ask anyone and they will know these bars...

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Plenty of clubs and bars

Not into techno music, but I will take a bar where I can watch some games. We are a group of males, seeing some women around will not hurt. As for the putas, we can deal with the attention if we don't want it. I would definitely like some clubs where we can mingle with the locals and just have a few beers. Also, I enjoy watching people dancing Bachata, salsa.

For starters, Rockys offers up some good food. They have ribs and many other good dishes. Good people congregate there, you'll see. Just start up a conversation with people from other tables and you will gather some good info. Many of the people that eat there also live in and around Sosua. Early evening you have some bars, starting out with the Britannia for a while then head down to Lou's Shark Bar. Both of these places also serve up good food and Lou's Shark Bar has several TVs as well as good Rock and Roll. Also you will not get bothered in here by the working girls. Around the corner you have my good friend Eddy and his sports bar. If you want to watch a sporting event and do not wish to be bothered by putas and beggars this is a great place to be. Later, you have the clubs right in town. Sosua Life, The Classico and the Merengue Bar are good starters for people watching. Many other places as well as getting out of town into either Cabarete or Puerto Plata.

where are you guys comin from? Where are you staying? ohh and when are you coming? we might share a cold one or 2 and I could show you some places.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
being molested by putas is not a bad way to spend a few days in sosua. you don't really want to hang out with the expats either. all they do is complain plus there are usually not too many dominican girls who hang out in those places. eat at the expat places but party with the locals.

this is coming from a 30 something male...

good luck

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
The new club called The Velvet Glove has opened and so far has very good reports. Its at the bottom end of the main street in Sosua. You'll find a good mixture of everything you are looking for. They are keeping it to a high standard and the prices are a lot lower that Classico etc.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
hola lady,

which bottom end ? going towards La Passions or Sosua Bay hotel ? a high standard with prices lower than clasico ?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
being molested by putas is not a bad way to spend a few days in sosua. you don't really want to hang out with the expats either. all they do is complain plus there are usually not too many dominican girls who hang out in those places. eat at the expat places but party with the locals.

this is coming from a 30 something male...

good luck

ROTFLMAO

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is on Pedro Clisante across from supermarket Zollo. Turn at the Texaco station and make a right at Harrison?s.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i'm lost...if you turn at the Texaco that street brings you down to the X club and Clasico and there is no right at Harrison's. i think you mean one street up from the Texaco station...

so this is over by rocky's..correct ?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
now about the mixture..is that working women or atmosphere ? just kidding...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
i'm lost...if you turn at the Texaco that street brings you down to the X club and Clasico and there is no right at Harrison's. i think you mean one street up from the Texaco station...

so this is over by rocky's..correct ?
You turn in from the highway on the eastern side of the Texaco station, go one block to the corner, where Harrisson's is, then turn right (eastbound) on Pedro Clisante, and you will find it on the right hand side, past the Europa, accross from Zoilo's, where the old Blue Dolphin was located.

Status
Not open for further replies.