Boarding Kennels For My Dogs

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
We would appreciate any information on Boarding Kennels for our dogs in the Juan Dolio/Boca Chica/San Pedro area. Does anyone know if there are any available and, if so, what they are like? Santo Domingo is also an option if anyone has any info or experience.

Peter & Alex Holden

Estrella1

Jan 13, 2006
Boarding kennels

I just know a new one, 5 stars, in Cabrera. If somebody is interested, please contact : thierryvanhoudt@hotmail.com. They will give you all information you need. I think it is also a kind of "dog school". I visited the installation, but before it was ready. It seems very nice, your dogs will be there like kings during your holidays. There is maybe a problem : they could refuse to go back home!!!! :bunny:

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
I see that this post is from 2006... but I just wanted to check if anyone knows whether or not this kennel in Cabrera is still open??? If not, does anyone know of any other good dog kennels on the North Coast?? Thanks very much for any help you can give!

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I see that this post is from 2006... but I just wanted to check if anyone knows whether or not this kennel in Cabrera is still open??? If not, does anyone know of any other good dog kennels on the North Coast?? Thanks very much for any help you can give!

I believe the kennel still exists. It is operated by a "Swiss man". PM me and I'll send you his telephone number. He is also an excellent dog trainer; one of the best I've ever seen on this island.

aross

Nov 15, 2007

Approx half way between Cabarete and Sosua is dog boarding kennel right next to Dr Bob's Vet Clinic.

Contact Judy at judithliggio@codetel.net.do or info@aaasosua.com or 809 571 1167

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Thank you both very much for the information! :)

It would be perfect if the one in Cabrera is still running, as that is where I am located, but if not, I'll certainly give the other one a try.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I think the best boarding center for dogs is that offered by Servican of Santo Domingo. They board the dogs at a kennel located at the owner's farm, about half an hour north of Santo Domingo. Contact Dr. Luis Raul Nova or his daughter Carla at Servican Pet Center Tel 809 566-2897

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Thank you both very much for the information! :)

It would be perfect if the one in Cabrera is still running, as that is where I am located, but if not, I'll certainly give the other one a try.

I'll send along the information as requested but Judy's Pet Lodge (in Sosua/Cabarete) is the only place I would ever leave my pets. I live in Cabrera as well. Judy is just amazing with pets and Dr. Bob, just next door, is there in case something bad happens.

Latibbean

Mar 19, 2009
I am looking for a boarding kennel for a large dog, that would have some facilities for exercising the dogs.... Could anyone recommend a place preferably in or around Santo Domingo but willing to travel further..., where they would look after him well and wouldn't keep him in the kennel all day...

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I think, I'm not one hundred percent sure at this point, that the kennel in Cabrera closed, because the owner Sebastien Van Houdt got a fantastic job offer as trainer in french ring in Mexico...

He was going to buy one of our dogs, but then called and said he got this job offer, and was seriously considering it...

Since then we have only heard he accepted the job, and moved, or is moving presently...

A shame as he was a fantastic person, and trainer...

We are located at jarabacoa, and occasionally take a dog in for a while... we are pro-trainers and breeders of Malinois (like Sebastien), and have lots of space for the dogs... we only take in dogs which we evaluated (will they fit into the group) and only for specified amounts of time...

Here they will be treated as one of our own dogs, and will live in our house, together with our dogs, and have plenty of grounds to play in...