Helicopter Crash in Sosua/Cabarete area

GKC

Mar 1, 2006
At about 2:30 pm today, a helicopter crashed in the Mano Negra plant nursery located by the main road in the Bombita area of Cabarete (just east of the Perla Marina entrance). It is said to be a Helidosa helicopter carrying two tourists along with two others. Initial information is that all four perished in the accident.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what was the reason? is the weather there as bad in pop?
very bad news, i am truly soory to hear that...

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
At about 2:30 pm today, a helicopter crashed in the Mano Negra plant nursery located by the main road in the Bombita area of Cabarete (just east of the Perla Marina entrance). It is said to be a Helidosa helicopter carrying two tourists along with two others. Initial information is that all four perished in the accident.

that's so weird a helicopter just crashed into an apartment highrise building in the upper east side of NYC.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I drove by just after the helicopter went down. We were not sure what it was but it did not look good. The weather was not that bad but had been bad maybe 30 minutes prior.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ok, i do not understand spanish much but i did get the diario article. it does not state the nationality of victims. should anyone have info about that please post here, there are few countries without embassies or consulates here, families of victims may need help...

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Rough Translation

The civil employee added that the helicopter property of company HELIDOSA, had left from Great Beach to Port Silver, having crashed about five minutes later in the Community of Bombita. Hugo Gonz?lez said that two of the victims were identified single like Quevalier Matos Matos, that piloted the ship, and the copilot Pimental Rosary, both pertaining ones to National Ejercito. And which both fleeting they were investors who had an airplane in the Airport Gregorio Luper?n of Port Silver, in that would leave to the foreigner. Until the moment they have not been identified. The bodies were transferred to morgue of the public hospital Ricardo Limardo of Port Silver to make a autopsy to him. - C

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I heard that the two foreigners that unfortunately died are from the group involved with Playa Grande. Very sad :(