birth control

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
Hi all

I have read somewhere that oral contraceptive are sold whitout a prescription in DR. I was wondering if any of you knew if they carried Alesse? If not what is a good replacement for that brand?

Thanks

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
alesse

Representative Names: Alesse, Aviane, Enpresse, Lessina-28, Levlen, Levlite, Levora, Nordette, Portia, Seasonale, Tri-Levlen, Triphasil, Trivora-28

i brought my pills from the uk, just in case, but i have been told that getting contraception here is no problem. in case it is not sold over the counter getting a prescription is easy enough.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
No need for a prescription here. The pills can be bought at any farmacia and sometimes bought at the hospitals which is usually cheaper. Dominican women can sometimes get them free at Dominican hospitals as their supplies are usually donated to them from non-profit organizations around the world as a means to help control unwanted pregnancies here in the DR.

I just talked to a friend that owns a farmacia and she said that no prescription is needed for any brand of birth control here and their is no age limit on who can purchase.

Rick