Night at Punta Cana outside Resorts

ghost

Oct 3, 2006
Hello
i will go with a friend in 24 octuber to a Punta Cana Resort (Iberostar Bavaro)

i would like to know the nearst city to go out at night and have fun (lots of people, bars, night clubs, meet some girls) etc. but outside the Resort.
Can i have some orientation ?
And also if it is dangerous in that area ?

Best Regards
Pedro

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Hi

There is no town nearby in Punta Cana. All discos and bars are within the resorts. There are a that are frequented by locals. Mangu in the Occidental Grand and is the busiest, and most poplular with locals. There is a cover charge and it includes one drink. There are two floors playing a variety of music. Pasha in the RIU complex is also a good place, no cover. Also there is Arieto in the Princess gates, not too bad. There are a few local bars along the strip. Steve's is at the corner outside the Occidental, nice place to have a drink in the afternoon.

Enjoy your vacation

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
I was in Breezes Punta Cana last March and me and my friends went to Mangu and it was off the hook!!!!!!!!!!!!, great places to meet girls, great place to dance and you to have a lot of fun waching the sankies at their best......

C

cd1

Hi Ghost! I will actually be in Punta Cana 10/24-10/30 with a friend as well. Staying at the Ocean Blue. I was just there in May and Sept but didnt go outside the resort at all during the May trip. Let me tell you, you need to venture off the resort! In Sept, we went to Mangu 3-4 times. It is a great time, good music, fun people, and open till like 4a. There is a $6 US cover and drinks are about the same as in the US. We pretty much drank all night at our hotel and headed there no earlier than 12a.

I also went to the Tropicana which is in a natural cave. Kinda crazy, wasnt really busy but I went with the hotel group on like a Tuesday. The club was amazing though.

Planning on going to Arieto when I get back there. Heard it was cool.

As for safety, as a girl and being that I was traveling with my girlfriend, I was a little weary but we went with a few people we met at the hotel and at other times with one of the guys that worked at the hotel. Not sure if you speak Spanish but I dont which also made me more uneasy.

Hope that helps!

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
have you been to Ocean Blue before? I have a lot of friends that work there. I've never been but heards its a gorgeous resort!!! Do you know any of the employees there?

C

cd1

Actually, I have been to the OB a few times and because of that I know many who work there. Of course, most are girls/guys on animation since that is who is around the guests most of the time. Who are you friends with?

By the way, it is a beautiful resort.