My Father was murdered today

MarkRobbins

Oct 13, 2006
My father, Lloyd C. Robbins, was found beside the road to El Cupey (near Puerto Plata) in his white Isuzu pickup truck. He had been shot to death.

I am a US Citizen and resident and my father was an an ex-pat from Florida, US. He had been living in Puerto Plata for about a year. He owned a ranch near El Cupey and was likely travelling to the ranch this morning when he was killed.

If anyone has any information about this incident, please contact me at mark@cofs.net

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Mark,

I am so sorry to hear about your father. I hope that information is forthcoming regarding what happened. My condolences to you and your family.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Wow. I remember Caribee from one of the first DR1 events I attended. Graham and he picked me up at Cafecito. Very nice gentleman. I am so sorry to hear of this!!

Boricuajoe

Dec 30, 2004
Very sad to find out about this incident. Lloyd was a very nice man, my heart goes out to his family

MOC1

Oct 22, 2002
Very Sorry to hear about this I met your father last year while staying at Star Hills. He was a real gentleman. Let's hope they get who ever is responsible.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
My father, Lloyd C. Robbins, was found beside the road to El Cupey (near Puerto Plata) in his white Isuzu pickup truck. He had been shot to death.

I am a US Citizen and resident and my father was an an ex-pat from Florida, US. He had been living in Puerto Plata for about a year. He owned a ranch near El Cupey and was likely travelling to the ranch this morning when he was killed.

If anyone has any information about this incident, please contact me at mark@cofs.net

I'm sorry for your loss.

Horrible tragedy. May your father's tragedy receive justice.

-NALs

MarkRobbins

Oct 13, 2006
My Dad

Yes, he did post here as Caribee. I really appreciate the support you've all shown. I posted my original message because he often talked about how if I ever needed answers about life in DR, I could ask here. Of course, I don't think this is what he had in mind at the time, but I don't have any better ideas right now.

He always wanted me to move there too... Coincidentally, I was there only a few days ago to visit. This was the first time I could make time to.

Anyway, thanks again. If anyone hears anything about it, regardless of how trivial it might seem, or even if you think "he probably knows this already"... or if you have advice on who I should talk to, etc., please e-mail me at mark@cofs.net.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Lloyd was a good man. I didn't know him well enough but I will always remember the day he encouraged me to eat aloe vera for stomach problems. I think he posted as caribee.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/51174-very-dangerous-troublesom-x-employee.html

I remember reading that thread about a problem employee. He was very upset with the situation. There is a lot of info in that thread about what was going on at the time. Makes you wonder if there is a connection with his murder.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
wow that's really awful I remember that thread clearly. I hope they find the culprit. Good luck to your family. I am very sorry for your loss, it just feels so real to have read his thread about his concerns and now he's dead. :(

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Tragic news... My sincere condolences to his Family. We all hope his brutal murderer is dealt with properly. Canadian Bob.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I never met your dad, Mark but my heart goes out to you.

Can somebody bring the thread that AlaninDR mentioned to the attention of the National Police? I'd do it but I live in Santo Domingo.

I really think that that thread is a solid lead toward someone who had MOTIVE to commit this unacceptable crime