Orange Network Store - Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Where is the best place to take a new unlocked GSM phone to purchase a sim card and to get the phone activated in or around Sosua? What should I expect to pay and roughly how many minutes will I get on a 100 or 500 peso card?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is an Orange store at the Plaza Colonial in Sosua. As for prices,etc. I can?t help.

WorldJockey

Feb 3, 2007
No, it's on the other "main street" parallel to Clisante, next to the new Banco Popular. The price is 350 pesos, including 100 pesos in calling time...don't forget your passport, you need it to open an account.
Alejo martinez?

hmm price sounds good :)

thanks

La Reina

Aug 29, 2006
I took the advice from the guys on DR1 and turned up at the Orange shop last week with an old unlocked tri-band phone and my passport. I got a SIM card for DR$350 which included RD$100 of calls (approx 8 minutes). I decided to purchase an additional RD$1000 because I talk alot. Anyway it all took about 30 minutes, fantastic service in English which helped and was a very smooth and pleasant experience. I had to wait until 9am Monday morning though as the shop is closed on Sundays.

I got all the information I needed from these guys on DR1 and will be eternally grateful because it made my trip so much easier ..... so thanx you guys.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
My experience at Orange was totally different. They process you. Best advice get there when they open. A 300 peso card gives you 240 pesos call credit. The rest goes to taxes. They also do specials where they give you extra minutes but they don`t tell you the extra minutes are only to call other Orange customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.