golf courses caberete

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazzman13

Oct 12, 2006
Hi

Does anyone know if the 9 hole course nr Caberete is any good and how much it costs these days?

Cheers

d

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That course used to be a very enjoyable round of golf. The prevailing winds can play havoc with drives and irons. Some very challenging holes.

i have not played it is several years, but when i did, it was always enjoyable.

HB

yazzman13

Oct 12, 2006
cool..i'd love to play the playa grande course but ive heard it costs an arm and a leg and therefore is beyond my means...this will have to do

cheers

d

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Unkept

We played that course last year!!! It is almost abandonned. There were beer bottles and even dirty diapers on the greens. Not worth the effort. You are better off driving to Playa Dorada or Santiago. Too bad because it would have been great to have a course so close by.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Costa Azul and Sea Horse Golf ?

We played that course last year!!! It is almost abandonned. There were beer bottles and even dirty diapers on the greens. Not worth the effort. You are better off driving to Playa Dorada or Santiago. Too bad because it would have been great to have a course so close by.

Agree fully with suzannel. The course you mentioned is located at Costa Azul. Played earlier this year and greens were unputtable. A few greens were no bigger than 8 feet in diameter. Lots of garbage on course as well as dogs, cows, chickens etc. Could be a fun layout if it was kept up. Better off paying a little more and having a memorable and enjoyable round - Playa Grande is not cheap but worth it if you are into golf.

Any new word on the Seahorse golf course? Last I heard is they were looking for a more recognizable name for the course designer. Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.