Horseback and Ocean World Excursions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlaplant

Sep 8, 2006
We are heading to DR this Friday, staying at the ICD and were interested in the Ocean World Sea Lion encounter and doing the horseback riding excursion. I would like to know more about the horseback excursion.

Can someone tell me what is the best way to book these?
Is it too late?

We will be staying only four nights (Friday thru Mon). Is there a better day to do either of these?

I apologize if this has been covered before. I tried the search and ended up with pages of unrelated posts.

Thanks.

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
there are horseback excursion across the street from playa dorada - literally across from the entrance. go directly to them and it will be cheaper. if you are staying in cofresi, just go to the main entrance of costambar (next door) and ask for the horse guy and they will call him as his place is right there at the front entrance of costambar - he keeps his stable in cafemba.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i also work for tour operator but i will not go as far as shamelessly advertise us here.
both tours you requestet are easily available at all times, regardles on where you stay you can be picked up and driven back.
ask at your hotel, they will help you with that.
have fun in the dr.
ps looks like you have kids, check carefully what prices they offer for kids, sometimes they can even go free.
and my advice is, better pay more and use big tour operator, they are more reliable and you may feel safer.
horseriding... done that.... horses here are smaller than in usa/europe. those used for tourist are very calm and slow, no worries. guides are experienced, they will take care of you even if you've only seen horses on tv before.
but if you want a real RIDE - look elswhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.