Hotel Playa Laguna

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
A couple of questions

regarding your intentions of staying there. Since you are planning a longterm rental.....
Do you have a car? Are you planning on going out at night and leaving the hotel?
If you have a car that's ok, if not, walking to the main road at night to catch transportation is out of the question, unless you get a taxi to take you where you want to go right from the hotel.
There is a nice little beach close to the hotel, but again, it is not safe unless things have changed in the past 5 years.I am talking from personal experience.
The hotel itself is nice and last I heard it was being renovated and catering to gay people. This is what I heard but I haven't been there lately to confirm it.

Crane

Apr 2, 2006
The previous post about transportation and safety is correct. That however was not our problem. Our batteries died one weekend in July. To remedy the situation, my wife and I stayed at the Playa Laguna for a very short while. Upon entrance the room smelled as though it had been closed and unaired for months. Additionally, the linen was dirty and dusty and there were cobwebs and dust under the bed. I complained to the front desk about the pubic hairs and stains on the sheets and encountered major attitude.I do credit them with bringing clean sheets. The electricity went off two times in 30 minutes and we were told it was due to maintenance being performed on the generator. The airconditioning didn't work. Upon our request for another room, we were told there weren't any available and that our money could be refunded if we were unsatisifed. Needless to say we took the refund.

Chareena

Apr 3, 2004
janssoncarina.blogspot.com
snowbird44 and Crane,

Thanks for your replies. Your comments about safety worries me after having had one bad incident in the past, and I don't want to go through something similar again.

Transportation should not be a problem as we will have a car.

I think it is better to look at other alternatives.