Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    batich

Default Where to buy Goat milk??

I see many goats around (I mean real goats) but cannot find goat milk!

Please help me somebody!!

Sosua area!!

Mr. Main Event
    Post Thanks / Like

Goat Milk? Try Kabul in Afghanistan.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by batich View Post

Sosua area!!
    The goat milk is not regular in the dominican diet. So, is hard to find where to buy this milk.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Her in El Seybo many of the people that live in el campo drink goats milk as they are the owners of said goats and milk same.

As El Seybo is too far for you to travel I would suggest that you look for the owners of said goats that you saw and ask them if they would sell you some milk. I am almost sure that they would be more then pleased to do such a service for you.

As we are situated here in the DR I would strongly suggest that you cook the milk before drinking said milk.

Rick

batich

Sounds good.

But why to cook it?

I drink raw milk all my life.

Any special danger here in DR?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good.

But why to cook it?

I drink raw milk all my life.

Any special danger here in DR?
    Too many reasons to ignore! The milker may have dirty hands, from which you could get E Coli, or other nasties, including TB from the unpasteurized milk. Why take a chance of getting really ill....Where in the world did you drink raw milk all your life? Canadian Bob.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are Dominican and raised here then there is the good possibility that you were born with an immunity to a lot of parasites that are prevalent here.

The animals here, goats, pigs, cows, horses, chickens etc., have within their bodies a lot of different parasites, , E. coli and salmonella that can be detrimental to our health. These parasites are usually passed around by the animals feces, urine and teats (milk). Due to the close proximity of these animals to each other and to humans the possibility of the spreading of these parasites are vastly increased. This is the major reason that the rivers and streams are also another outlet for these parasites.

This is the reason for pasteurizing milk throughout the world.

It is because of these parasites that it is recommended to cook meat, especially pork and chicken, thoroughly. Once again, because of the close proximity of humans to animals here, these warning of proper cooking of meats is increased.

A little milk facts - Humans are the only animal on the planet earth that continue to drink milk past the weaning stage of their babies......

Rick

batich

Thank you all for warning!

I will cook it, I promise.

But first I need to find it.

El Playero does not have it at all!! Que lastima!!

On Vacation....
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up If you can't get milk .....

Sosua area!!
    Buy the goat then milk it or engage in any other fantasies with your goat LOL!!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default listen and learn ;-)

batich, i am a serious woman. i give serious advices.
    do you want goat's milk just for the sake of it or you have problems digesting cow's milk?
    if it is the latter try santiago, bit far to get goat's milk, i know, but in supermercado national they have a heathly food section - novelty in DR.
    if you just want to try goaty milk for the sake of it - milk it yourself. adventure and gratification in one!
    if you suffer from eee... food congestion - don't cook it, it will clean your digestive system from both sides.
    if you prefer comfortable quiet digestion - boil milk first.
    trust me, i know pains of salmonella.
    Last edited by dv8; 10-18-2006 at 02:23 PM. Reason: cant type!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast