Where to buy Goat milk??

B

batich

I see many goats around (I mean real goats) but cannot find goat milk!

Please help me somebody!!

Sosua area!!

Eddyx

Sep 9, 2005

Sosua area!!

The goat milk is not regular in the dominican diet. So, is hard to find where to buy this milk.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Her in El Seybo many of the people that live in el campo drink goats milk as they are the owners of said goats and milk same.

As El Seybo is too far for you to travel I would suggest that you look for the owners of said goats that you saw and ask them if they would sell you some milk. I am almost sure that they would be more then pleased to do such a service for you.

As we are situated here in the DR I would strongly suggest that you cook the milk before drinking said milk.

Rick

B

batich

Sounds good.

But why to cook it?

I drink raw milk all my life.

Any special danger here in DR?

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Sounds good.

But why to cook it?

I drink raw milk all my life.

Any special danger here in DR?

Too many reasons to ignore! The milker may have dirty hands, from which you could get E Coli, or other nasties, including TB from the unpasteurized milk. Why take a chance of getting really ill....Where in the world did you drink raw milk all your life? Canadian Bob.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
If you are Dominican and raised here then there is the good possibility that you were born with an immunity to a lot of parasites that are prevalent here.

The animals here, goats, pigs, cows, horses, chickens etc., have within their bodies a lot of different parasites, , E. coli and salmonella that can be detrimental to our health. These parasites are usually passed around by the animals feces, urine and teats (milk). Due to the close proximity of these animals to each other and to humans the possibility of the spreading of these parasites are vastly increased. This is the major reason that the rivers and streams are also another outlet for these parasites.

This is the reason for pasteurizing milk throughout the world.

It is because of these parasites that it is recommended to cook meat, especially pork and chicken, thoroughly. Once again, because of the close proximity of humans to animals here, these warning of proper cooking of meats is increased.

A little milk facts - Humans are the only animal on the planet earth that continue to drink milk past the weaning stage of their babies......

Rick

B

batich

Thank you all for warning!

I will cook it, I promise.

But first I need to find it.

El Playero does not have it at all!! Que lastima!!

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
If you can't get milk .....

Sosua area!!
Buy the goat then milk it or engage in any other fantasies with your goat LOL!!! :bunny:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
listen and learn ;-)

batich, i am a serious woman. i give serious advices.
do you want goat's milk just for the sake of it or you have problems digesting cow's milk?
if it is the latter try santiago, bit far to get goat's milk, i know, but in supermercado national they have a heathly food section - novelty in DR.
if you just want to try goaty milk for the sake of it - milk it yourself. adventure and gratification in one!
if you suffer from eee... food congestion - don't cook it, it will clean your digestive system from both sides.
if you prefer comfortable quiet digestion - boil milk first.
trust me, i know pains of salmonella.

Last edited:

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
do you want goat's milk just for the sake of it or you have problems digesting cow's milk?
if it is the latter try santiago, bit far to get goat's milk, i know, but in supermercado national they have a heathly food section - novelty in DR.
if you just want to try goaty milk for the sake of it - milk it yourself. adventure and gratification in one!
if you suffer from eee... food congestion - don't cook it, it will clean your digestive system from both sides.
if you prefer comfortable quiet digestion - boil milk first.
trust me, i know pains of salmonella.
Actually more of a concern than Salmonella is the Listeria bacteria. This bacteria commonly found in unpasteurized milk and milk products is quite lethal, with a 20% mortality rate of those infected. Although only causing a small percentage of food poisoning cases, it accounts for up to 50% of deaths related to food poisoning in the US. http://www.dr1.com/forums/437793-post10.html

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Serious advice only .....

if you just want to try goaty milk for the sake of it - milk it yourself !. adventure and gratification in one
A how to manual for dummies needed in this case ... step by step instructions ;)

if you just want to try goaty??? milk for the sake of it - milk it yourself!. adventure and gratification in one
Who's? ... goat, him, or both. If the goat, how can you tell whether it was satisfied? :smoke:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
shad, you have no belive in me!
milking manual:
hold the tit at the base. gently pull downwards twisting your wrist slightly as you do so. repeat.
avoid being kicked by singing "unforgettable" to your goat.

if you read matilda's post you will find your how to leave your goeat fully satisfied.

good luck

ps i do no take the responsiblity for medical treatment of the milker.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you know you have failed when she grabs her cell to call her best goatfriend to tell her what loser she just had.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Hey folks if Batich is still among the living (he sounds like he is full of energy) after drinking raw milk all his life, its like Rick said he probably has built up immunity againts those nasty buggers.:cheeky:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a, there's this guy in sabaneta that has a milk/cheese shop. good stuff. if you're nice he may be able to help you with the goats milk. i know that lots of farmers work with him.
ps i may not look like it but the place is higenic - you can eat good milk products without getting diarrhoea for the next week.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Need practice ...

shad, you have no belive in me!
milking manual:
hold the tit at the base. gently pull downwards twisting your wrist slightly as you do so. repeat.
avoid being kicked by singing "unforgettable" to your goat.

if you read matilda's post you will find your how to leave your goeat fully satisfied.

good luck

ps i do no take the responsiblity for medical treatment of the milker.
Any suggestions where to get a goat here or anyone with a spare goat in TO? ... and before you say it, NO!!!, I have no intention of practicing on myself ;)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i tell ya in secret, men's thingy works kinda same. practice on yourself.
;-)