marry in the dominican republic

gsc

Oct 13, 2006
my bf and i had met for over a year. we love each other so much. his family and my family knows each other. last monday i went to the embassy with a letter of invitation from his mom but she wrote i was invited to the states to meet his sister bc she thought that mentioning him i would get rejected.Actually I got rejected cuz not enought money to show tights enough to them. i wasnt pretending to stay there, i was about to come back. i do work here and i have a salary of 12,000 and study too (im on my 3rth year of college). we talked about it and his mom think about the idea (as long shes a teacher from a private college in the states) to figure out and apply for a student visa... but its hard an takes time. so we decided to marry... but not for business bc we really love each other. we are thinking to marry in dec by civil and then i would wait here (still keep working and studying) and he would be doing everything over there and i heard that you go there within 6 months and can work and live legally. im just 20 years old and hes 22 already graduate from college. im soo happy about this. :cheeky: :D....

can anyone tell me more about how this work (marriage visa ) or anyone who had experience that??? thanks!!

Last edited:

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
You post is not very clear. Who is where? Where do you attend college? In the US or Dominincan Republic? Where do you plan on living after you are married? Fill us in a little more so we are able to advise correctly.

gsc

Oct 13, 2006
i attend college here and i work here. the one living in the states is my bf and his family. i do plan to stay with them in Pennsylvania.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think " here" means the Dominican Republic right?

The info I gave you is the correct one but I'm afraid that right now it takes a lot longer than 6 months.

Here's more to read Dominicans to the USA

lynjuan06

Oct 19, 2006
I am pretty sure someone already read my thread..lol ..I have a question and hope that someone could give me the right information. My boyfriend who is in Dominican Republic was married 17 years ago and has been seperated for 16. He got a girl pregnant and the family of the girl decided for her morals to marry them. Well girl was pregnant and came to the US to have the baby. My boyfriend has no idea where the woman is and the child is now seventeen years old. Now he needs to get a divorce but has no idea on where the woman is..Please some HELP!!!! How is going to get divorce when we need to get married?

jprincez

Oct 1, 2006
www.myspace.com
Try to speak to an attorney in DR, but as far as I know, he does not need to find her to get a divorce, he can do it without her. I know of people that have gone to DR to get a divorce without letting the other person know.

However, you should check that out with a lawyer yourself.

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
The OP is correct, all he needs to do is send the divorce papers to the last known address in DR or the ex in laws house....Good luck

sunshine