Questions for Golfers

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
This winter from Dec. to March I am going to snowbird from NY to SD,one week in SD and two weeks in NY.I want to play golf twice a week while I am there and have the following questions.
1) I am thinking of staying in Juan Dolio or Boca Chica (or I can stay in the Capital doesnt matter). Are my choices for golf liminted to Guavaberry? Are there other places that I can play within one half hour of travel?
2) Do they have, or does it make any sense, to get some kind of limited membership at a club or organization for this period of time?
3) Where can I store my clubs?
4) Any DR1 members available to play during the week in this area?

JOHN

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
You can also play in the metro country club, which is located rigth at Juan Dolio and you can store your clubs in the country club, I was in SD last year for 15 days and I stayed at the Coral Hamaca in Boca Chica; I used to take the bus in the morning at the hotel for a 8:00 am tee off, and I will store my clubs in the Guavaberry.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
What is the difference

You can also play in the metro country club, which is located rigth at Juan Dolio and you can store your clubs in the country club, I was in SD last year for 15 days and I stayed at the Coral Hamaca in Boca Chica; I used to take the bus in the morning at the hotel for a 8:00 am tee off, and I will store my clubs in the Guavaberry.

between Guavaberry and the Metro Club? One and the same?

JOHN

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hardly! Guavaberry is a Gary Player design and a bit more up scale than Metro. Also a much more interesting track. Metro was built to sell home lots and it has done so quite successfully. Both courses are near where you say you want to stay.

You can also play Las Lagunas on the other side of Santo Domingo. However, I am sure that you will be quite happy playing Metro and Guavaberry.

HB

vandee

Nov 26, 2003
If you really want to play a great course, get out to Casa de Campo and play Teeth of the Dog. It'll cost you about $190 but it's worth it. The Player course in Guavaberry is OK, Metro ah!, but Teeth is the best.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
There's also a 9 hole "rough" course between JD and BC called "Andres". Not worth playing much but when the other two golf courses have tourney's on the gang from Metro play there.
If we're in JD PapaTony will be willing to play with you and I'm sure chiquitabanana's other half will be a willing partner when they're in the area.
You can PM me when you're there!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
BEST bet for reduced green fees would be to apply for FedoGolf membership (Do a search on this keyword & get all the information on these forums about FedoGolf costs & advantages.) Be sure that you can give an address (no matter how temporary) down here in the DR though, FedoGolf are getting a bit picky on letting non-residents join at the moment!

Oh yes, ....... & ONE of those weeks in Santo Domingo, make sure you come up to the north where we play Santiago, Playa Dorada & Playa Grande courses!! ~ Grahame.