Negetatives Of Vip World

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
We now have some friends coming with us in Jan - and are looking to leave the safety of the Flamenco on Playa Dorada ( where we always stay )

We are looking at VIP WORLD and have found some one who has brought some time share weeks and availablility for the weeks that we want.

All great so far........ While we have visisted and done the "meeting" this will be our first time staying there - What are the BAD points of VIP world - the PROS are very easy to spot - but it cant be perfect - just want to know other peoples experiances as I cant find any on the trip reports or in the search function.

Thanks for your help in advance.....

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Never heard of VIP World. What hotel is it, what's its exact location? Do they have a web page?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
This is the Hacienda - renamed to Lifestyles Hacienda. IT is a timeshare and Tour Operator resort. They have some of the similar problems that all resorts seem to have here - at times issues with plumbing, a/c, etc etc etc. You really will have a hard time getting away with that. If you have problems just go to your reprsesentative. When booking ask for a renovated room!

The beach is decent, nice pools, decent staff, decent food but not fabulous. Drinks are always good.

They have a FABULOUS party on Sunday nights for timeshare members. In my opinion best party in the entire area!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
What planner said but also:

If you stay in the villas - they are very nice
If you stay in the hotel - hope you get a renovated room

DONT MISS THE PARTY SUNDAY NIGHT

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Good point, and I agree, don't miss the party. Maybe I will be there too....

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
well thanks for your responses so far.

Robert - I got the link to a UK person who has time share there and has some weeks available when we want them! Got the link from your site!

I was directed to another site with some reviews on this place - not too good surpriseingly - but different strokes for different folkes........

Planner - good to know your still there! I remember when you were just starting there and it was all hush hush!

Has any one any info on the VILLAS - we will be staying in a 3 bed villa with pool - are there any better ones from personal experiances or ones to avoid - ones closest to the beach???????

Thanks to all so far.......

Dan & Jenny
Wishingwewasthere!

Sep 15, 2006
I think it is called LHVC on RCI and II(either both or one of the two). I have seen this on TUG2.net(TimesharesUsersGroup) and was looking at the tmeshares myself a while ago. The timeshares look gorgeous, and I believe each has a butler and it's own pool. I believe that I have read reviews on tripadvisors.com. I'm sure you will find candid reviews there if you haven't already . You can find more weeks at timesharesonly.com. If you are a member of RCI , you can find many getaways to LHVC for under $700. I want to say that they are about $300 or so but I can't remember. The only thing is, I believe that this is AI mandatory(which is why I passed) So, you will have to factor AI into the cost as well.

Last edited:

dominicanwiki

Feb 22, 2006
im the best friend of the daughter of who was for many years the financial manager of the hacienda resort and the crown villas. he die just two months ago of a hard attack when he was swimming in pucmm's olympic pool here in santiago. i have gone like four times to the villas and the vip world in hacienda. the vip worl is like the club house of the crown residences and villas of the hacienda resort. is a very nice place, very clean, luxurious and paceful, they have like three tenis court in front of the vip world entrance,the villas made like a comunity because is very big, you have acces to the hacienda hotel, you can eat in every of their restaurant and do every activities of the hotel. but you wont needed because they are like 5 mades just for your villa and they take you all the food that you want to the villa, and if it's raining( the villas are a little bit far from the hotel restaurant and the activities and beach) they send you a minivan that will pick you up. the villas are really comfortable, the vip world is very luxurious and has a big pool that i didnt use because our villa and all the villas has their own private pool. but if you are young like me and you want to have fun i do not recomendd to you go to the vip world because that is an adult/old people stuff so there isnt that much of things to do if you want to have good time doing physhic activities or other fun stuff and there's never lot of people so is dam to quite escept for the days that they have show nights wiht famous dominican people like fernando villalona, jefrey and more.