Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    batich

Default Playero. Sosua. Little problem. Big shame!

Sosua. Playero. Little problem. Spoiled evening. Big shame.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If somebody related to supermercado PLayero reads this Forum I`d like to share a funny story.

Last night among other things I bought a bottle of wine (nothing fancy, about $7-$8) and a corkscrew.

At home she prepared a bit to eat and I wanted to open the bottle.

Just inserted the corkscrew into the cork it broke right away and the metal piece stuck in the cork.

I inserted what was left into the cork next to the broken piece and tried to remove the cork. One of the handles broke immediatelly.

I hated it but had nothing to do but to go again to Playero, to show them the damage and to take a replacement bottle and corkscrew and expected to hear an apology and to excange jokes about chinese manufacturers of the corkscrews in Playero.

To my surprise I found a very rough treatment. A young clerk advised me to punch the cork inside the botle with some kind of plyers.
    I definitely was not willing to do it.

So he practically told me to get lost with this f***ing bottle. So after almost an hour of a VERY unpleasant and aggressive conversation I just bought a new corkscrew and new bottle.

He refused to give me phone number and name of dueno.

Very. I repeat - VERY low class!

Shame on you - owners of Playero!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, a whole hour fighting over a $7 bottle of wine and what, a $4 corkscrew?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you think about the handle of that drinking water bottles. When client leaves the empty ones on cashiers they always leave them to wait until the client goes to check-out and then after demands they start to check the bottles and bring from backside the full-ones. If they pass a test ! And all that takes a lot of wasted time, ours.
    No need to mention about green potatoes, rotten onions and all overpriced !

batich

Quote Originally Posted by jrf View Post
    Wow, a whole hour fighting over a $7 bottle of wine and what, a $4 corkscrew?

I understand your sarcasm. No , nobody waited the whole hour for $8 bottle an $1 corkscrew.

If the little bustard would say from the very beginning - " You, f***ing gringo , f***k off here with your bottle!", I would leave right away and buy another in Super-Super.
    All this time the kid one third of my age tried to explain me that I am idiot and do not know how to punch the cork inside the bottle and the wine still will be quite useable, and pretended calling to somebody.

Those people are supposed to respect those who feed them.

But your protection of lasy thievs is well considered.
    Buenas noches.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Next time shop at the Coastal Supermarket. People should vote with their feet and take them some other place.

gary short

WWWWOWWWWW......RESORT TO GUERRILLA TACTICS when made in China corkscrews fail.......use a thin blunt object and a hammer to punch in that cork or a blunt sword to hack off the neck.........just don't try when you're ****ed on brandy!!!!!!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Or twist-off caps...

That's why I only drink that wine that comes in a box.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=batich;448175]So after almost an hour of a VERY unpleasant and aggressive conversation I just bought a new corkscrew and new bottle./QUOTE]

batich, I understand your frustration. It seems that it's becoming increasingly difficult to buy anything of quality these days. However, if you're curious as to why they would respond in the way that they do to your purchase of an inferior product, I think you've answered that in your comment noted above. I would have done exactly as Robert suggested.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The advice to go elsewhere is noted and valid. But really, if I bought a cheapy bottle of wine and a cheapy corkscrew and it all broke on me and I could not get the bottle open, I would not consider it the supermarket's problem? The supermarket did not sell the wine and corkscrew with a guarantee that it would work? They don't offer 'wine bottle opening' services.

batich

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The advice to go elsewhere is noted and valid. But really, if I bought a cheapy bottle of wine and a cheapy corkscrew and it all broke on me and I could not get the bottle open, I would not consider it the supermarket's problem? The supermarket did not sell the wine and corkscrew with a guarantee that it would work? They don't offer 'wine bottle opening' services.
    Following the same logic if someone buys Advil for his headache and instead there is rat poison in the bottle and his widow cannot be upset at them as "they do not guarantee what they sell"?

Just kidding.

If they sell a corkscrew it must open bottles. This is my point.

Actually my post was about HOW SURPRISED I WAS with this disrespectful and angry treatment. Not about losing 10 or 15 bucks.

If I would expect anything like this I would never go after exchange, instead would throw away and buy another one without any unneeded stress and would forget about the whole thing ASAP..

Of course from now I will avoid Playero as much as possible and would try to keep all my friends away from it as much as possible

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast