somewhere to rent in Santo Domingo for a few weeks/months, like an aparthotel?

spaniard

Oct 21, 2006
Hello

I am here for the next two weeks or so, but then I am leaving and my boss will be coming in November/December on and off. I would then be coming back in February for two months or so...

I intend to bring back my wife and newborn in February. I am currently living in the Zona Colonial... now, it is very scenic, but I would not bring my wife to *live* here. In fact, I almost had a fight with someone last night whilst sitting on my own drinking a pina colada at Zambretti/Cappuccino. He really wanted to flog me a CD and I ignored him, then he carried on and I waved him off, but he left calling me names, pretty bad ones actually. Now, he obviously thought I was a gringo (I am a canucked spaniard), because when I answered him back he was shocked. He then started threatening me, so I stood up and said I would give him a knuckle sandwich there and then... he backed off and disappeared... but yes, not an area for my wife and newborn.

- Would anybody be kind enough to suggest a good family area, where my wife would not be pestered constantly? She is almost there with her Spanish, and she is easy going, she would definitely mingle with locals. I think coming here is perfect for the newborn to learn Spanish!
- I am working around Naco/Arboleda, the traffic at 9-ish is absolutely dire going there from Zona Colonial.
- I was thinking of an aparthotel type place, are those any good?
- The area around Parque Mirador looks good?

Thanks in advance.

castleburger

Sep 4, 2006
the naco hotel on tiradentes is really nice and affordable. dont let the roadside view of the place fool you. go inside and take a look around. the security there is top notch, they have a restraunt inside, great pool, and the rooms have just been reconditioned. if you pay by the month and explain that you are here working and not a tourist you'll get a good price........

spaniard

Oct 21, 2006
I just phoned Napolitano, as they own Naco... the Naco phone did not work... the Naco hotel is being refurbished!