Death tonight of family member

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
My husband got the worst call anyone could imagine tonight. We live in Canada and his aunt was just hit by a drunk driver and killed in Gran Parada (outside Puerto Plata) a few hours ago and her 14 year old daughter is in hospital with life threatening injuries. OUr family thinks she was hit by a tourist.

We are frantically trying to book flights to get there tomorrow.

Does anyone know any more information about this?

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
My sincere words of condolences....Terrible problems to deal with. Hope the daughter recovers quickly. I hope someone on the board can help you.. Canadian Bob.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
So Sad

I am very sad to hear about this loss of life.
May the young girl recover well from her injuries.

m'frog

P.S.:
I have so far seen nothing about the accident in the papers.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
I am terribly sorry to hear of your loss. I hope the young girl recovers quickly.
I hope they find the person tha did this soon.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Thank you all for your condolences. Unfortunately we were unable to get a flight as there were only flights to Punta Cana and we waited standby and there were no seats available. There is a return flight leaving Friday which we are going to take. Unfortunately, the funeral is this afternoon so we will miss it but other family from around the world were able to make it thank God. The daughter is recovering with a broken leg and Her injuries are not as bad as first thought. Thanks again for your help. If anyone does come across a newspaper article, I would appreciate the link.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
So sorry to read this Fiesta Mama.
What a terrible time for the whole family. My condolences and may the young girl recover from her injusries quickly. I'm afraid the recovery from the loss of her mother will take much longer.
May God Bless all......