family friendly (includes newborn) aparthotel+area in S.D.?

spaniard

Oct 21, 2006
Hello

Please forgive for posting the same query again... I do not think the last one was well worded. I am looking for a family-friendly area in Santo Domingo where I would be staying with my wife and newborn. They are not coming until February though. I have been staying in Zona Colonial for the past week, but I am not sure it is the best place for a newborn, or even for business (unless going to Bricciola or Cappuccino, etc.) or specially getting to work in Naco. Also, the hotel where I am staying off El Conde is VERY dead, I would like to have someone to talk to!

Since I am working in the Naco area, I guess somewhere in Naco or thereabouts would be fine. I liked the Mirador Sur park today, but the seemingly nice area (Los Cacicazgos?) just north of it was like a dead security compound, even though the houses were very nice. Perhaps Bella Vista is nicer? I am checking out Hotel Delta and Plaza Florida tomorrow.

I have been told Arroyo Hondo is nice... even though it can be somewhat of a drive, but I am used to crazy traffic anyway. I also heard Arroyo Hondo is a quieter, but I guess nightclubs are out with a newborn, and we live in Nova Scotia and like the quiet and trees anyway. I found a place called Aspacia around Botanico, I will check it out tomorrow too.

I am from Spain anyway, so I am happy to live with all the locals or to rent someone's friend's house or whatever.

Cheers

Jose