Help need a phone number

RaeinCC

Oct 23, 2006
Hello, this is my first post and I hope I am doing this correctly :) Can someone please tell me how someone can get a package I mailed to
San Pedro de Macoris, I made the mistake sending it by the USPS. Does anyone have the phone number of the United States Post Office? It is our adopted son birthday present and his clothes he left here when he was staying with us in Texas.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
RaeinCC, welcome to DR1!

If you've already mailed a package via USPS and have a tracking number, you can check the status online. Unfortunately, the tracking may end once it gets to the Dominican Republic. Also, the package may sit for weeks in the DR, before it gets delivered.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Alert the people in San Pedro. They can go to the local post office and talk to the director and see if that package has arrived. It will probably be sent to the customs office for clearance...

You should have looked into this before sending it, but you know that now!!

Unfortunately, this will most likely either never "arrive" or it will be tied up in customs for a long time. I would hope that it gets through./

HB

RaeinCC

Oct 23, 2006
Thank You, but do you know where the post office in San Pedro de Macoris? Our son doesn't know and I don't even know where to start looking here in the state to help him find it. The packages left the states on the 10th and that is last thing I know.

What is the best way to ship into D.R., and you know it will get there safely?

Any ideas will help,

Thanks again from the Great State of Texas.

Rae

Last edited:

RaeinCC

Oct 23, 2006
To everyone that helped the package arrived and believe it or not all in one piece, thanks for being so helpful.

Does anyone know the best way to send packages in to D.R.?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
To everyone that helped the package arrived and believe it or not all in one piece, thanks for being so helpful.

Does anyone know the best way to send packages in to D.R.?

I use a company called Trans Express out of Miami. I was trying to use EPS but was SOOOOOOOOOOO frustrated by their website that would not work, emails that were ignored etc.

I contacted Trans Express www.transexpress.com in Florida, set up an account, it is free. Then they will issue an identifying number and adresss. Mail items to that address then they forward it to the addressee in the DR. The receiver pays the fees from Miami to here on a credit or debit card. It is $7.50 US for the first pound and $5 US per pound over that. Also larger and heavier items, contact them first.

So, the people down here who will receive the package need to have the account or you use someone else's account if needed and then they get the package to your destination for you.

PM me if you want more info.