Mobile phone

umea

Sep 28, 2006
What is the cheapest way to get cell phone service in the DR? I will be there for 6 weeks, will receive some phone calls from the DR, a few from Canada. Are there cheap pre-paid phones in DR? Should I bring my cell phone and buy a phone card?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
can do. make sure you have a sim-free phone. you can also rent a pay as you go mobile in all touristy places.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can buy a phone for 1000 RD or about $30 US with some minutes already in there. All calls to that phone are free for you. From anywhere in the world.

Don?t rent a phone, just buy one. In Playero in Sosua Centennial has cheap ones that work well.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
If you have a CDMA phone with 2 nam will be so easy you only have to change the man and program the nam with DR number, here all incoming calls are free, doble line, Caller ID and mail box service for free too, if Centennial cover the area that you will be in pre pay service they have on weekends 50% discount in all outgoing calls.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
What is the cheapest way to get cell phone service in the DR? I will be there for 6 weeks, will receive some phone calls from the DR, a few from Canada. Are there cheap pre-paid phones in DR? Should I bring my cell phone and buy a phone card?

if you are coming to santo domingo,you can get cell phones for 595 pesos with 300 pesos in time,just about everywhere...