Tuna Fish???

B

batich

There used to be a fisherman (fishman, fisher) going on the Sosua Beach almost every day with a huge fresh tuna fish and selling by slices.
Recently I do not see him long time already.

Please help where can I buy fresh tuna fish now? She wants tuna very much!

B

batich

But first did you get that raw goat milk LOL:cheeky:

Not yet. Trying to get a rent car at reasonable rate to be able to venture out of town. Asked a couple of locals at Sosua Bajo. They promised to find in campo for me.
So, not that easy!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
he is here

Saw him the other day near Bailey's with more Tuna. I bought an 18 pound chunk and it was great. I think that they do not catch a large tuna every night and only sell it when its caught.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Saw him the other day near Bailey's with more Tuna. I bought an 18 pound chunk and it was great. I think that they do not catch a large tuna every night and only sell it when its caught.

Ok, this begs the question, what does one do with 18 pounds of tuna?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
It went fast

The 18 pounds went very quick. Dominican wife (excellent appetite), me, and the four kids. They did not know what tuna was except for the cat food that you buy in cans. It was fun watching them. They had never eaten fish that was more like a good steak. We had it morning, noon and night. In the US its impossible to buy tuna that fresh. I explained to the wife how unusual and wonderful it was to have that tuna. Dont know if she got it but we sure ate it up quick.

danely

Apr 23, 2004
I think I saw the same skinny fisher-dude over by Bailey's...(actually outside of Solanjay's) a couple weeks ago. He had a great looking Dorado for sale.

B

batich

I think I saw the same skinny fisher-dude over by Bailey's...(actually outside of Solanjay's) a couple weeks ago. He had a great looking Dorado for sale.

Right. He has only dorados now. Tuna time will be in two months. He sells red tuna. Normally I buy from him at $60 RD / LB. Locals buy at $50RD/LB. I do not complain.