General Questions about settling estates

MarkRobbins

Oct 13, 2006
I did not think it was appropriate to ask these questions on the thread previously started about my father's murder, so I am starting this one for that purpose.

I will have a lot of questions as I go through the necessary steps of liquidating some of my grandmother's assets to pay legal fees, etc. and ship others back to the States.

First question: Are estate auctions common in DR? If not, what are my alternatives? I'll have to sell tools, vehicles, and misc. apartment contents.

Thank you,

Mark Robbins

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm not aware of any estate auctions happening here in the DR. Maybe others know?

I would look for a local realtor(s) to help you sell the land, if you plan to sell.

Contents? As your father was a DR1 poster and I knew him personally, feel free to post a list of items for sale on the message board or email them to me and I will post them. This way you should reach a large audience that could be potentially interested in some of the items.

If you prefer to sell them auction style, then I'm sure we can muster up enough locally based DR1 posters to help organize something.

I would ask everyone to not post questions or PM/Email Mark asking about the contents, price etc etc. I'm sure he has had to deal with enough vultures to date.

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
When my brother inlaw died we had alot of items to sell. Of course the first thing you do is get a lawyer which I assume you have. We sold alot of things by word of mouth. We had a Domnican friend who managed to sell a vechile for alot more than we could. We offered a percentage of the purchase price as a comission.