Raulin Rodriguez 10/28 in passaic NJ!!!

jrzguy2

Sep 1, 2004
that is tomorrow night...saturday! @ club tropical (i will get more info)

And ONLY 20 bucks!!!

I am definitely there...got a ride and all !!!!!

i am sooooooooooooooooo happy!!!

here is the link Tropical Club

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
wow...nobody in the NNJ/NYC area is insterested in this?

A couple of people know the club..and say its pretty good.

cant believe i am finally get to get to hear him live!!! (i need dance lessons)

theartofbone

Oct 28, 2003
Hehe, have fun at the performanceI bet there will be so many fine curvy women out there for ya too. I found it funny the way you said "just 20 bucks". R.Rodriguez is most likely thinking in pesos, so ~640 pesos a head it isn't bad for him and his buddies. :p

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Hehe, have fun at the performanceI bet there will be so many fine curvy women out there for ya too. I found it funny the way you said "just 20 bucks". R.Rodriguez is most likely thinking in pesos, so ~640 pesos a head it isn't bad for him and his buddies. :p

well..they are charging 50 bucks for him thursday night in the bronx....so 20 for a live band that is going to play a 3 hour set sounds pretty good! This IS the NYC area after all....so nightlife aint cheap.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
well..they are charging 50 bucks for him thursday night in the bronx....so 20 for a live band that is going to play a 3 hour set sounds pretty good! This IS the NYC area after all....so nightlife aint cheap.

jrzyguy, Enjoy the show!!!!!!!!!!!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
twas an amazing show! I am still too tired to give a full review.....but i am seriously thinking of seeing him again on thursday in the bronx.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

that's a funny statement, what do u think jrzyguy?

yes $20 but these bachateros must work with the public here, not everyone is willing to dish out $50 plus drinks to go see them.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
still swooning

aye!!!! i am so totaly exhausted/exhilerated after last night.

He opened with some of his older stuff "medicine de amore" etc. but pretty much played most of the stuff off of his new cd. I really found it interesting how different songs like Por Tu Me prima Beso & Aye Hombre were live. Hombre started out sorta techno/reggaeton...then traditional..then rock & roll...Beso was really edgy...how to explain...it was aggressive vs the the pain and loneliness i feel when i llisten to the cd. Even the song "piel si alma" had a gritty edge to it...when it is such a sweet sounding song on the cd. Gotta say...wish he would come out with a new live album that shows his range.

I didnt know he was such a small guy! however...larger than life personality wise...and totaly in love with his audience. But he stands perhaps 5'8" or less! A bit flambouyant with all his bling...and swagger..but he doesnt come off as over the top or obnoxious. He really enjoys playing with the crowd (gave his sunglasses away...and then sung in numerous cell phones....i would have had him sing in my phone...but it seemed like only the ladies were so aggressive to approach him for that)

Speaking of aggressive....even tho it was a really nice club...there had to have been about 5-8 fights amongst the women in the club that had to broken up by security!!!

My BIGGEST disapointment though...was that raulin didnt play guitar. That is one thing that has always put him ahead of other bachateros in my mind.

The other thing that sticks out in my head right now....is how he didnt mingle with the audience after the show. When I was younger i used to always go to club gigs etc. And the musicians used to mix and mingle with the people. I would have seriously liked to have met him and talked to him and offered to do a web site for him and perhaps talk about marketing (there were NO cd's or other things available). does anyone have contact info for him??? i am serious...i would LOVE to do a web site for him!!!

At first kind of awkward when i was the only gringo in the club. I felt kind of invisible being a 42 year old gringo....but once raulin came on and i started singing along with every song my insecurities went out the door. It was a young crowd....but it really was a nice space...and despite the 30 dollar cover (10 dollars more at the door...20 in advance)...the drinks were quite affordable 5 dollars for brugal anjo.

I had a blast...but i certainly would have like to have had some people with me to share the experience with. My digi cam was stolen a few weeks ago...so i missed a thousand photo ops....man that dude loves to pose!

Ok....so now i have to see if i can get friday off from work so i can shlep out to the boogie down on thursday and see him again.

hey...RAULIN...if you read DR1...pm me!!!!! lol

Ok...hope more people will get together on thursday....i think i finaly have the dance steps down :)

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
He's also gonna be in Angel's Lounge tomorrow in Brooklyn.

btw: anyone know where Frank Reyes is gonna be??? please let me know.
I get the feeling he might be gone by now, I saw that he was in Rhode Island this past weekend so maybe he's done in NY.

Last edited:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Ok Jrzguy your Raulin is gonna be tomorrow In Uptown Manhattan a place called San Judas Auditorio - tickets & info 646 351 2383.

and guys I saw Frank Reyes play yesterday and had a chance to take pictures with him, of course he was great as always (I'll try to post the pictures soon). He's in the Metro area taping his new video. tomorrow Sunday he's gonna be in Eros, in the Bronx, NY.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
tomorrow meaning what day? sunday? saturday?

and why didnt you tell me about reyes? a week night is no good for me....but other time sure!!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
tomorrow meaning what day? sunday? saturday?

and why didnt you tell me about reyes? a week night is no good for me....but other time sure!!

I mean Sunday November 5th!! you must call 'cause onthe flyer it says the party starts at 4PM but call to find out what time Raulin is gonna be there, and also Toby Love is there too.

I couldn't say anything about this 'cause I heard of it like around 9pm.
but let me tell you it was very exciting, I had a great time.