Resort hopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashtonsmkr

Oct 13, 2006
This thought occured to me when I was looking at a map of POP resorts.... I am going to stay at the Paradise Beach club. It looks like the resorts are close to one another. Is it possible to use swimming pools in the different resorts while there? From the google satellite pictures there are abunch of pool in that area.. Just a thought....:cool:

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Each hotel has a different colored wristband that is worn by their guests. Security guards are placed at all entrances to each resort and will prevent you from entering without the proper wristband.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
But there is hope to resort hope. You can purchase a day/night pass at most of the resorts. This alows you to eat and drink at that resort for half a day and use their pools. Day passes generaly go for $25 to $30 a pass.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
But there is hope to resort hope. You can purchase a day/night pass at most of the resorts. This alows you to eat and drink at that resort for half a day and use their pools. Day passes generaly go for $25 to $30 a pass.
Why would the OP, whao has already paid to be at Paradise, one of the better Playa Dorada hotels, pay to go to another hotel in the complex. He would be much better off using his money for a trip outside of Playa Dorada. A day to Sosua beach for example. BTW, the cheapest day passes are currently US$ 35, many higher.

lonetraveller

Sep 4, 2006
Don't bother

I agree with HOWMAR. Don't bother spending $ to stay at another resort. I have stayed at Paradise and 1 other resort in Playa Dorada - much better idea to spend your money out of the Playa Dorada complex if you want to venture out of Paradise resort.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I don't' think he IS interested in paying extra...

he was just wondering if he could just use the facilities at another close by resort for nothing - kind of like registering at Motel 6 and expecting to sleep at the Hilton because it's located in close proximity.

The logic escapes me but I think that was the original question.

Gregg

sunny2

Apr 7, 2006
He was looking at the satelite picture of the complex and saw all the resorts together. Perhaps he was just wondering if he stolled down the beach past his hotel could he stop into another hotel and have a drink or something to eat.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i know that some hotels if there are in the same company chain let you use one or two of their resorts. for example, if you stay at sosua bay you can also use their sister resort in caberete for free. i know you're set on paradise beach club but check around with the hotels to see if this is possible...

Sep 19, 2005
well I see the benefit of beibng able to get inside and look around good to see if maybe you might like another hotles charm or charachter, more than the one you are currently staying at. Instead of looking at a computer web site to see if it is better. I dont know how much swimming in another pool will tell them......maybe less kids use that pool... ha ha ha ha......you dont want to swim in the pool at the hotel with all the young kids, you dont want to swim in the pool at the hotel with all the old old people either, (same reason) then you dont want to swim in the pool where all the young adults get drunk....maybe you just shouldnt go in any pools... ha ha ha

I bet some hotels ahve events and acivities that are much better than other hotels...you could see that first hand if you could wander around.....

bob

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
i know that some hotels if there are in the same company chain let you use one or two of their resorts. for example, if you stay at sosua bay you can also use their sister resort in caberete for free. i know you're set on paradise beach club but check around with the hotels to see if this is possible...

Paradise is an AMSHA hotel. The closest other company owned hotel is in Sosua, Casa Marina.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
well I see the benefit of beibng able to get inside and look around good to see if maybe you might like another hotles charm or charachter, more than the one you are currently staying at. Instead of looking at a computer web site to see if it is better. I dont know how much swimming in another pool will tell them......maybe less kids use that pool... ha ha ha ha......you dont want to swim in the pool at the hotel with all the young kids, you dont want to swim in the pool at the hotel with all the old old people either, (same reason) then you dont want to swim in the pool where all the young adults get drunk....maybe you just shouldnt go in any pools... ha ha ha

I bet some hotels ahve events and acivities that are much better than other hotels...you could see that first hand if you could wander around.....

bob
Any hotel that you present yourself to the front desk will allow you to inspect the property, usually will even provide a bellman as a guide. None in Playa Dorada will allow non-guests to enter and wander around without permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.