Dominican Hair Salons

blessednluvinit

*** Sin Bin ***
Oct 16, 2003
I have been reading the different threads on this web site on and off for the last three years. I am a Black American woman, and my husband is Dominican. I know that when I am in the Dominican with my husband, people think I am Dominican until I open my mouth. The point I am making is that ethinically, this is very little or no difference between Americans of African descent and Dominicans of African descent. So regardless of where you are in the United States, and you need to get your hair done, go and find out where the black people live and you will find a hair salon to get your hair done. They may not know your culture and/or language, but they can definitely do your hair and do a banging job. When I go to get my hair done at a salon, I go to a black salon, or a black person (woman or man) who knows how to do black hair, or a non black person (woman or man) who knows how to do black hair.
If it is your intention to find a person who can do your hair, and do a great job, then find a black hair salon or a person who is good at doing black hair and you won't have a problem. If it is your intention to find a place that is familiar and reminds you of the Dominican culture and you want to get your hair done, then it appears to me that there is a definite business opportunity for a Dominicans to open up hair salons and barber shops that caters to Domincan people in the United States.
I would love to hear if there are any success stories.