surfing near punta cana?

cyclone_surfer

Oct 28, 2006
Hi everyone,

I'll be taking a trip to Punta Cana in December and was wondering whether there's anywhere to surf nearby?

If so, are there any rentals or surf shops in the area?

Thanks!

WINSTRIC

Jan 7, 2003
There is surf in Macao. Good beachbreak,rights and lefts.Closest break in
Punta Cana . There are waves in Uvero Alto near Secrets, reef break quite a paddle from shore. Really good waves, depending on cold fronts,storms,etc.
can be found at Punta Coco 10-15 minutes past the town of Nisibon.Very Secluded. Outside reef and shorebreak can get pretty large 12+ and powerfull. No board rentals or surf shops to my knowledge.

cyclone_surfer

Oct 28, 2006
thanks for the info.

one follow up question, how difficult will it be to get from our resort (Ocean Blue and Golf) to Macao and Uvero Alto? Is there public transport? is it close enough to walk?

Thanks!

WINSTRIC

Jan 7, 2003
You will need to take a taxi, or on the back of a moto-taxi. I would take a taxi. I would pack some soft racks to transport your board. Under NO circumstances would I hold a board on the outside or inside hanging out the
window.You will lose your arm or your head! Take wax and extra leash.
Have Fun!

cyclone_surfer

Oct 28, 2006
I'll be going for a week (w/ my inlaws - so i'll be looking for things to keep me occupied). The cost of taking a taxi every day might be costly. what are your thoughts on renting a car from the airport and driving to the resort - then driving from the resort to macao daily?