Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa - Status of Construciton

adrianozz

Oct 3, 2006
Hello Community!

Officialy the resort opens on 1st of November. But how ist the real status of constructions? Will they be finished until November?? Or are we going to stay on a building site (We arrive on 6th of November....)

THX ex ante for your insider information!

Adri & Janina

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
i think that it should be fine. if andy's around, maybe he can drive up the hill for you. if i were travelling to cayo levantado, i might be concerned as the work on that hotel was not so advanced as cayocoa.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
i think that it should be fine. if andy's around, maybe he can drive up the hill for you. if i were travelling to cayo levantado, i might be concerned as the work on that hotel was not so advanced as cayocoa.
I was on Levantado 2 weeks ago. There is a LOT of construction to do...

dmad

Jun 12, 2004
I will go look

I will go up the hill on Monday and have a look for you,I know a few people working there so I will try to get the scoop.I don't think that it will be to bad they have been going crazy trying to get ready.

dmad

Jun 12, 2004
ok here it is

Hola adrianozz,
Went up the hill and found out what is what today for you.
Here goes,
The hotel looks great,
The rooms are ready,
The pools are ready,
The resturants are ready,
The staff is ready,
The animation is ready,
The town is ready,
Things that might not be ready
The beach was being worked on very hard today,new stairs and plants being planted,should look good by your arrival.
The road up to the resort was not yet paved but that could happen any day.
I made a phone call to a friend that works there and they truly hope that you will not be inconvenienced.
The plaza downtown that will house the animation will not be done for weeks yet,so they plan to have that at the disco up the hill for now.

From what I gather they are very concerned about their first round of guests and are going to make sure to look after you well.

PM me and I will try to help more.

Hope you enjoy your stay and my family and I wiil be more than happy to help with anything you may need.

Dave

adrianozz

Oct 3, 2006
Thank you very much, Dave!!

I very detailed report! We looking forward full of expactation to our holiday!

D&J

JoeTurist

Jan 30, 2003
Hola adrianozz,
Went up the hill and found out what is what today for you.
Here goes,
The hotel looks great,
The rooms are ready,
The pools are ready,
The resturants are ready,
The staff is ready,
The animation is ready,
The town is ready,
Things that might not be ready
The beach was being worked on very hard today,new stairs and plants being planted,should look good by your arrival.
The road up to the resort was not yet paved but that could happen any day.
I made a phone call to a friend that works there and they truly hope that you will not be inconvenienced.
The plaza downtown that will house the animation will not be done for weeks yet,so they plan to have that at the disco up the hill for now.

From what I gather they are very concerned about their first round of guests and are going to make sure to look after you well.

PM me and I will try to help more.

Hope you enjoy your stay and my family and I wiil be more than happy to help with anything you may need.

Dave

Thanks for detailed report Dave!
Glad someone reporting on Cayacoa status, as you see them, instead of some promo extracts fom N.Y. papers.
Thanks again.
J.T.

P.S.
Also ooking forward to Adriano report as a guest.

J.T.

adrianozz

Oct 3, 2006
Ok, I promise after our 2 weeks stay at BP Cayacoa we?ll give a detailed (and I hope I can only report about friendly facts) report of the hotel!

cu
A & J

Sep 19, 2005
Where is this new hotel?....... I went to the Gran Bahia hotel, last year, that looks directly out at Cayo Levantado from the mainland.....have they changed its name?

On that road there were two larger hotels and one COMPLEX of apartment style buildings, that was also as "hotel"....Did they build an all new hotle or refurbish one of those other hotles...

thanks.....bob

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Where is this new hotel?....... I went to the Gran Bahia hotel, last year, that looks directly out at Cayo Levantado from the mainland.....have they changed its name?

On that road there were two larger hotels and one COMPLEX of apartment style buildings, that was also as "hotel"....Did they build an all new hotle or refurbish one of those other hotles...

thanks.....bob

Hi Bob,

You are refering to Hotel Gran Bahia in Los Cacaos, across from Cayo Levantado.
On this thread they are talking about Hotel Cayacoa(Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa the official name) in the city of Samana.
In this picure the hotel Cayacoa is the new building on the left side
http://www.samana.net/samana-puerto2006.jpg

WeDev

Sep 19, 2005
ok thanks...yeah our hotel was to the right down the coast at least a mile maybe more.

does anyone know what is going on with the old gran bahia????

I know it was undergoing remodeling...which caused me to believe it might have been eaten up by this new company

bob

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
ok thanks...yeah our hotel was to the right down the coast at least a mile maybe more.

does anyone know what is going on with the old gran bahia????

I know it was undergoing remodeling...which caused me to believe it might have been eaten up by this new company

bob
Hi Bob,
If you go to Bahia Principe web site
Bahia Principe Clubs & Resorts
you will notice the old Gran Bahia Hotel is part of this company own by Group Pinero who bought a bunch of hotels in Samana Peninsula.

WebDev

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I'm a little confused myself.

Which hotel is on the hill overlooking the city-and the road to it (2 weeks ago) was under construction?

And is Hotel Gran Bahia in Los Cacaos the one undergoing construction/remodeling a little outside Samana City, toward Las Galenas, where the trees on the street in front of it creates a long tube-like canopy?

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Overlooking The Bay and Town

Which hotel is on the hill overlooking the city-and the road to it (2 weeks ago) was under construction?

Cayacoa

2py15bm.jpg

(Picture was taken about 18 months ago.)

m'frog

Sep 19, 2005
OK they do own the hotel i stayed at...here it is....

Bahia Pr?ncipe - Home

it is on the road that is lined with trees and makes a canopy as you drive by , becasue the trees have over grown the road and hang across the road to touch each other....but there are 2 hotels on that road that can be confused with each other...i started to pull into the wrong driveway a few times....

thanks...i was at that link earlier....but didnt follow the website very well to navigate my way around then....

they have a very small beach area...actually in the photo it looks bigger than it used to......

I checked out the price of the one down in town...the one near the bridge... and they wanted $288 per day for the room..... I remember paying about 4,000 pesos for our room with 2 people.....included all meals.....that was last year about oct.

bob

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
I'm a little confused myself.

And is Hotel Gran Bahia in Los Cacaos the one undergoing construction/remodeling a little outside Samana City, toward Las Galenas, where the trees on the street in front of it creates a long tube-like canopy?

The hotel on the hill, overlooking the city of Samana is Hotel Cayacoa, official name : "Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa" see in the above post picture on this thread.
The hotel outside of Samana, on the way to Las Galeras in the comunity of Los Cacaos is the old "Gran Bahia Hotel", under renovation and schedule to open this December as "Gran Bahia Principe Samana", yes the trees in front of the hotel form a tube-like canopy shading the sun and cant see the speed ditch till is to late(they are 2 of them, I still feel them in my kidney).

The link to Bahia Principe Resorts
Bahia Principe Clubs & Resorts
has more pictures of this hotels and also the one on Cayo Levantado.

WebDev

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Well, just from below the Chinese restaurant as far as I remember.
Must be near there then.

m'frog
I see the church in the front "La Churcha", and Hotel Docia is facing "La Churcha" as I recall.

BTW better adjust the date and cloak on your camera, is saying picture taken 1/9/2003 3:33AM Camera Model:FinePixA204.

regards,
WebDev