Airbeds

Lin

Sep 4, 2003
hello to everyone !

I would like to know if it's possible to buy airbeds in DR.

4 years ago my son met a young girl in DR and it was love at first sight. All these years she lived there and he lived here in Belgium and of course travelled a lot. Last year they decided to marry. She had a solar in Cotui, he builded the house.
The wedding will take place in the first week of january 07.

Of course I will be in the DR for the wedding with my two other sons and my parents. I thought that the use of airbeds would be a practical solution. I can find these airbeds in Belgium but not with a pump working on 110 V (we use 220 V). Can I find it in DR ?

Many thanks !

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
hello to everyone !

I would like to know if it's possible to buy airbeds in DR.

4 years ago my son met a young girl in DR and it was love at first sight. All these years she lived there and he lived here in Belgium and of course travelled a lot. Last year they decided to marry. She had a solar in Cotui, he builded the house.
The wedding will take place in the first week of january 07.

Of course I will be in the DR for the wedding with my two other sons and my parents. I thought that the use of airbeds would be a practical solution. I can find these airbeds in Belgium but not with a pump working on 110 V (we use 220 V). Can I find it in DR ?

Many thanks !

Congratulations to the young couple! Regarding the airbeds, I would tend to doubt that you would find these available to buy in the DR. Maybe another poster will have more info on this. I have one of these modern airbeds and find that they are incredibly stable and comfortable...full size too. When the air is let out they fold down to the size of carry-on luggage. This is why I'm suggesting that you buy over the internet from a US company. Have it shipped to your residence in Belgium and carry it with you when you travel. This is what I do. Each one, carry one.
Here is just one example as to what is available. I hope this helps.

Insta Flex Raised Adjustable Airbed (80" x 60" x 22")

http://www.comforthouse.com/airbed.html

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
They are available from large department stores like Ferreteria Americana in Santo Domingo.

Campesino

May 18, 2002
Air bed

Hello to all. You could simply buy a hand pump, the same company who makes the beds, makes the pump. I use one all summer during our camping trips. It only takes about 10 min, to inflate a queen size bed. If you get tired half way, simply put the plug in, or have somebody else take over.
Also, if you buy a good quality mattress, they normally come with a hand pump. Hope this helps.

Campesino....

Estrella1

Jan 13, 2006
We just bought a big one in Santo Domingo (at Carrefour, just like in Belgium!). It is exactly the same as you can see on Amazon in the States. It costs 8000 pesos. Full size, with 110V. I saw one in Belgium last week and it seems here they cost more, but if you have to bring it with you from Belgium it would cost a lot as extra-luggage (I think it is between 8 and 12 euros each kilo!!!and an airbed is very heavy).
Congratulation to the young couple and to the parents.