Are most ads scams?

Fishguy

Oct 22, 2006
I inquired about several places advertised for rent. A lot of them were on sites referenced on DR1. Not one person replied! I was even PM'd by a member and they didn't have the courtesy to reply to my reply. Instead she (he?) posts an ad elsewhere.

Are most places for rent in DR scams? I'm beginning to doubt my decision to move there in a month.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Some might be, but frequently Dominican companies don't reply to emails - it's an eyeball to eyeball culture. No excuse for a DR1 member not to respond, though, unless they never received your PM.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Yes Lambana is right.
You cannot set a deal by telephone in D.R. too.
You need the person in front of you,
Even in that case you often give more credit to the answer that your interlocutor.

Sep 20, 2003
I have actually rented an apartment through DR1 real estate ads. They usually responded to me. But not always in a timely manner.

Were the advertisements you emailed listed on DR1 or just linked to the page?

I rented a flat that was listed in the DR1 "classified" section, not the general real estate section. If no one is responding to you on the other sites, perhaps you could try there?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I rented a flat that was listed in the DR1 "classified" section, not the general real estate section. If no one is responding to you on the other sites, perhaps you could try there?

Hi Joel,

That has changed and all rentals will be shown only in the rentals section.

If anyone sends and email to someone that lists their rental with us and you do not get an answer, PM and email me and I will chase them up.
I would rather remove their rental and refund their money, than have their bad service linked to DR1.

If you get a PM or email from someone on DR1 that is pushing their rental, let me know. This is not allowed and their account will be terminated. We look after the people that look after us.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i only got a decent place to live because minovio arranged that for us before i came to POP. still if we want to get anything done in the apartment we have to GO to the office and ASK. i got the number of the handyman for our landlord by the means of deceive and we can now contact him directly, not that he responds promptly but he DOES respond eventually...

i advice to to contact robert or rely on someone you have here who can arrange things in PERSON. don't get put off by lausy service here, it gets some time to get used to (about 10 years, i should say...).

good luck with your move!