New Thread:"Reverse exchange rate"

blanca

Jan 23, 2003
I am sure it has happened to all of us. We go on vacation, exchange Dollars to Pesos and at the end of our stay we are left with hundreds or thousands of "left over" Pesos. When we get home and try to exchange them back into dollars we get ripped off. Then what? Wallpaper? What i would like to see is peoples input where is the best place for the best rate to exchange Pesos back into Dollars.
Blanca

Last edited:

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
There is no such place. Unless you are sure you will never be returning to the DR, the best thing you can do is hang onto them for the next trip.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Definitely not when you get home.
Some airlines take it for donations. I know one charter in Canada that always asks on the return flight home.
Spend it at the airport before you leave the DR or how about saving it till the next time you go on vacation.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Just buy Rum, coffee, and whatever else you like in the airport.
Or I will buy them from you at a better exchange rate than anyone else.

blanca

Jan 23, 2003
Wat about 50,000?

If you are returning after exchanging Dollars and have 50,000 or more then what?

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Blanca

I take it blanca must mean blonde in this case 'cause something is amiss here. Either give it away to charity or spend it. And bring more next time, the country needs it. ;) Children's Charity Boxes available at most airports to make your contribution. Use them. And bring your friends ! :bunny:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If you are returning after exchanging Dollars and have 50,000 or more then what?

I'm not sure you can even take that amount legally out of the country.

Not trying to be nosy but why would you cash that amount when on holidays?

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
Leftovers

I am sure it has happened to all of us. We go on vacation, exchange Dollars to Pesos and at the end of our stay we are left with hundreds or thousands of "left over" Pesos. When we get home and try to exchange them back into dollars we get ripped off. Then what? Wallpaper? What i would like to see is peoples input where is the best place for the best rate to exchange Pesos back into Dollars.
Blanca

Don't take pesos home with you.
I have some in-laws in the DR who would gladly accept your leftover pesos.
Just contact me via this forum and I will let you know where to send it.

blanca

Jan 23, 2003
Typical responses from non caring!!!!!!!!!

People,
I am sure past the humor there is a way to change Pesos back to Dollars. I went to buy some land the deal fell through and need to re convert. Thats all. Please give advice without the common B.S. that seems to be beginning to appear on this site! Can everyone be so bored?
Blanca

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
GO TO A BANK and lose the attitude.

Rates are negotiable even in a bank, the most you will lose should be 25Centavos.

blanca

Jan 23, 2003
Thanks for the advice. I have no attitude only the one you are "giving me" nice try...............

blanca

Jan 23, 2003
This is finally what i am talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you...HOWMAR.... Can we "Keep it up?"