Build or buy in santiago

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Kinda tough question.
Where in Santiago?
Price range?
Apartment or house?
First or second residence.?

There are some " opportunites" on the real estate market, but you have to get to know the market (and I do not).

There are reputable builders. This I can help you with....there are several.

The big question is the where and what ...

HB

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
whats the best !!!!

Build!!!!!!!!!!
Properties are valued at "what I want for my house" rather than what they're worth. You'll be better off purchasing some land and creating the home of your dreams, albeit you need to do your homework regarding the location. LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! It's everything when it comes to real estate. When you find a spot you think could be ideal, try and visit the place at night and other times. That would give you a better idea of how ideal the spot is.

Good Places? That depends on where in the DR you want to build your home.

Let me put it this way:
Properties in large are billed at three times and more than their actual building cost value.

But if you need your nest in a more timely fashion, then maybe, just maybe you should consider purchasing an already built home.

Just remember that manual labor in the DR is very inexpensive and homes are built almost 99% by hand tools not so much with machinery...:rambo:

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Some good locations:

*La Espa?ola
*Urb. Thomen(some very good spots to build)
*Reparto Tavare Oeste
*Cerros de Gurabo
*Santiago Apostol
*Rep. Ricon Largo
*La Trinitaria
*Quintas de Ricon Largo

Some Options for you...

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Just a thought.

Some good locations:

*La Espa?ola
*Urb. Thomen(some very good spots to build)
*Reparto Tavare Oeste
*Cerros de Gurabo
*Santiago Apostol
*Rep. Ricon Largo
*La Trinitaria
*Quintas de Ricon Largo

Some Options for you...

Why not consider buying a nice, large piece of land in nearby Licey-al-medio or Tamboril? Generally, the closer to a big city, the more expensive it gets.
With a large tract of land, you will not have to put up obnoxious, noisy neighbours and Santiago is only a half-hour drive away.

katira57

Sep 12, 2006
iT ALL DEPENDS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, IN GURABO AT CAMP DAVID RANCH YOU COULD GET A GOOD PROPERTY WHICH YOU COULD SEE THE WHOLE TOWN OF SANTIAGO AND IT IS AN EXCLUSIVE PLACE, iM PLANNING TO BUILD MY HOUSE THERE.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
KATIRA57: Will you continue SHOUTING????

Reason #1 I would neve build on Camp David:
Shaky ground. I do not trust the geomorphology of the region. Perhaps, just perhaps, on the very top of a hill, but nowhere down the side...
And, it is closer to the major fault line....

HB

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Geomorphology, Mr. Hillbilly??

KATIRA57: Will you continue SHOUTING????

Reason #1 I would neve build on Camp David:
Shaky ground. I do not trust the geomorphology of the region. Perhaps, just perhaps, on the very top of a hill, but nowhere down the side...
And, it is closer to the major fault line....

HB

I've never heard such a word. Do you mean geologically unstable, as in earthquake-prone terrain or what? Did not find a definition for it.

Anyway, how or where would I find a chart of fault lines for that region?

No disrespect in my questioning, just curiosity.