hey work visa help for canadian going to domincan republic!!

ash

May 7, 2006
hey guys!!! hoping somone can help me out...i am currently in school and am planning to de an eight week work term for my school in puerto plata at a bar and restaurant with a friend that manages the club...i am in the process of contacting the emabassys to see if a work visa is needed where i wil not be paid do to it being an internship for schooll that will hopefully landme a job..if anyone has any info on work visas for canadians for employment in domincan republic it would be greatly appreciated..on my last visit i had met a friends from the uk who was living there for a year and is getting permission from the airport to work..every three months she returns to the airport and will recieve this permission slip to work and it avoids paying for a work visa....its sounds a bit wierd to me...but if any has any info it would be great.. i am also interested in doing half my workterm with a hotel...just wondering if anyone knows any hotels that would take an international student for a workterm, or if anyone has seen it done before....sorry i am currently in school doing professional travel, tourism and hospitatlity management....any info would be great thanks
ash
xox

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Just come here. Forget asking for a work visa. Pain in the butt and not needed.

After you ": overextend" your tourist visa, just pay a few hundred pesos and go back home...No problem

Surprised somebody hasn't told you this before.

HB

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Hillbilly is correct. A niece of my friends came here and worked for 4 months as an intern, received no pay. She paid a small fee when she flew out of the country for overstaying her tourist visa. No big deal at all.

ash

May 7, 2006
ohh thanks guys.....but i have not been told that before thanks anymore info will be graetly apreciated
thanks ash xox