RU-486 and the Morning After Pill

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Hi,

Can any one of these pills (RU-486 or the Morning After Pill) be purchased in a Santo Domingo pharmacy? If not, does anyone know if they can be bought in Brazil or Canada?

Thanks,
Helpmann :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
lil' info

helpmann, these are two very different things.

the morning after pill (in usa it comes under the name of postinor 2) is used no nore than 24 hours after "accident". hence it is called emergency contraception because taking it stops the fertilized (if) egg to settle inside the womb.

ru486 is a pill than you can use up to few weeks of pregnancy, it is an abortive pill.

i believe postinor 2 (comes under different names in different countries, google it) can be purchased in DR pharmacies over the counter, better go to the pharmaciest that you know thou.

ru486 is as legal as abortion in DR - your doctor may be able to get it for you but officialy is not available.

should you get hold of ru486 remember to take it under the doctors control, it causes miscarriage and it may well kill the patient in the process.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Postinor 2

helpmann, these are two very different things.

the morning after pill (in usa it comes under the name of postinor 2) is used no nore than 24 hours after "accident". hence it is called emergency contraception because taking it stops the fertilized (if) egg to settle inside the womb.

ru486 is a pill than you can use up to few weeks of pregnancy, it is an abortive pill.

i believe postinor 2 (comes under different names in different countries, google it) can be purchased in DR pharmacies over the counter, better go to the pharmaciest that you know thou.

ru486 is as legal as abortion in DR - your doctor may be able to get it for you but officialy is not available.

should you get hold of ru486 remember to take it under the doctors control, it causes miscarriage and it may well kill the patient in the process.
Yeah, I know they're different, but I always say, "BE PREPARED!!!"

Thanks though, I'll see if I can pick-up a couple of bottles of Postinor 2 in the DR. In the US, you still need a doctor's prescription (damn' the AMA!!)

-Helpmann :)

May 31, 2005
I know that you can get the morning after pill in Santo Domingo. It is quite cheap too. No prescription needed.