what about maryjuana?

K

krasimir angelov

what is the situation about maryjuana smiking and buying in DR. are there any very bad laws, or nobody cares about it?

C

Cesar

The only thing I'm going to tell you is... If you find it.. dont smoke it in front of anybody.... the laws for drugs suck... If you get caught.. you'll be throught hell.... drink a lot... it is legal... everywhere... leave the pot for hawaii... I'm just telling you... but if you find who sells it... smoke the shit out of it... and dont carry it...hide it.. there is plenty of bushes...

E

ECH, M.D.

Re: what about marijuana

To put this in proper perspective for you as some on the board would say...I think it would be easier to get out of a murder charge on this island than a drug charge! I am serious as a heart attack! If illegal drugs are your scene, this is NOT the island for you. I am not saying that it does not exist, only that the consequences are very severe if caught. And, if you are IN COMPANY of someone doing drugs, you are carted off to jail and charged also as an accessory of sorts. Not sure what the actual law charge is.

T

thomas

Dude, the drug laws are draconian. You get caught, or set up, you go to jail and may not go to trial for a long time to tell your sad tale. Grass can be found, but it is VERY expensive. If you want to smoke a whole lot, go to Jamaica or something.

V

Vanessa

We already have a few problems with people doing drugs over there, we do not want anymore. That's why the laws in the DR are very tough when it comes to that. That is what NY and big cities in general should do too, in order to avoid drug problems in the society. This is just an opinion.

P

P.T.

Don't even think of it, drug laws on the island are ruthless, no quarter is given if you are caught in possession or even framed. Jail time on the island is hell.

If you are caught, don't expect help from home. Your are on your own.

Your best bet is to enjoy the many other fine and wholesome activities the people and the D.R. offers.

Regards, PJT

M

mina

NO CLOUDY MINDS IN DR PLEASE! YOU MIGHT MISS IT!

Leave the drugs at home and enjoy this beautiful place.

Trust me you don't need any mind altering stuff here! The place is so amazing! Drugs would only cloud your mind! Trust me you don't want CLOUDS!

Get some exercise, go for a boat ride, get lost, float in that gorgeous ocean! Isn't that enough? What more do you want to stimulate you?

You might need the drugs when you get back home and get welcomed by all those grey skies and freezing cold temps!!!!! HA HA HA !!!

cheers,

mina

C

Carla

Re: what about maryjuana?don't be stupid!

Don't ruin this country man just enjoy the people and it's beauty

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Marijuana

Save your moral recommendations. Using marijuana does not ruin countries, as can be seen in those countries where it is legal.

Yes, marijuana is available. I'm sure you already know it is illegal. It is sold on beaches, in the bars, and on the street.

It is significantly more risky than in Caribbean countries like Jamaica because it is not as popular, most of it is imported, and the drug laws are more heavily enforced, even though the laws are equally strict in Jamaica. As in many countries, often the dealers are in with the police and you can fall victim to a setup and extortion. Buyer beware.

Even speaking about drugs in the DR can get you into trouble. It will cause poeple to be afraid to be around you, the fact that you use drugs may be repeated as gossip, and you may find that you are being watched. The police can and will break into your hotel room and search it if they suspect drugs. You can be arrested just for being with somebody in posession of illegal drugs.

Law 50-88 states the following:

... For simple posession, a fine of 300 to 1000 pesos or imprisonment of 6 months to a year, or both. There is no bail. ... When the drug confiscated or involved in the operation falls under the category of Distribuor or Seller, the penalty is 500 to 5000 pesos and imprisonment for 2-5 years. There is no bail. ... When the drug confiscated or involved in the operation falls under the category of Trafficker, the penalty is 50,000 pesos and 3-10 years of forced labor. There is no bail. ...

This law applies to Opium, derivatives, Coca, Cocaine, derivatives or any compound in which it is used as a base, all plants in the Cannabis family, and other herbs with similar properties ...

It is common for one to sit in jail longer than the potential sentence, just waiting for a hearing (years). Friends tell me that the typical cost of a foreigner to pay their way out of prison on a simple drug charge is US$20,000, can take a year or more, and is followed by deportation, after which, future visits to the island are not allowed.

Jim Hinsch JimHinsch@CSI.COM

G

GabyCruz

Re: NO CLOUDY MINDS IN DR PLEASE! YOU MIGHT MISS I

Well said Mina, you go Girl///. One have to have a galon of Vodka and such to beat de Subzero wather. OH How much I miss my Beloved and warm Quisqueya///... Please Folks watever yo do, dont go just ask any one in Dr, for any sort of drugs in Dr.The brutality you will experience in there over even a roach is not funny, and getting out of it almost impossible.In DR you are always Gulty until proven innocent. so be very carefull. It exist but you got to know who to ask and also do it very privatelly . My country is very Oldfashion and Strick about almost evrything. Gabycruz.

C

CES

iHola! Gaby

Long time no see! Welcome back, enjoy your comments. . .

Best Regards . . . CES