Any Dominicans here have gone to Harvard or Yale or any school of that sort?

cablevisionidk

Oct 29, 2006
hey! I'm new here, getting used to everything. I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. But as the title says, has anyone here attended any of those schools or any other school of that caliber? I'm Dominican and I'm considering applying and I'm writing my essay about my experiences of when I lived in DR. So I was wondering if any of you have attended to please respond so that I can send you my essay for you to critique?
-Thanks.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Hint, Hint...

BTW: In general, you're not going to find a good mentor on a chat board, unless you're a young, sexy female, who's attracted to older men, and lives in NYC.

-Helpmann :cheeky:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
BTW: In general, you're not going to find a good mentor on a chat board, unless you're a young, sexy female, who's attracted to older men, and lives in NYC.

-Helpmann :cheeky:

hey what's wrong with you, too many trips to the DR, too much sun exposure?:squareeye

I'm sure there are many qualified people on this board who can help him out even if they haven't attended any of those.

Good for you cablevision, best of luck to you.:glasses:

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Harvard Law School???

I was both admitted to & then graduated from the Harvard Law School. I'm not sure that I'm a valuable resource for you, but, . . . "In the kingdom of the blind, he with 1 eye is king!" If you think I may prove to be useful, please PM me. Good fortune. You have an uphill fight!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
hey! I'm new here, getting used to everything. I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. But as the title says, has anyone here attended any of those schools or any other school of that caliber? I'm Dominican and I'm considering applying and I'm writing my essay about my experiences of when I lived in DR. So I was wondering if any of you have attended to please respond so that I can send you my essay for you to critique?
-Thanks.
There are Dominicans in both universities. (BTW, most members of this site are non-Dominican)

In fact, Yale actually has what's known as the Dominican Student Association, which is composed of Dominicans who attend and/or are alumni of Yale University. Perhaps you could contact Yale and attempt to receive information about this association. This might allow you to develop contacts with Dominicans attending such university.

Good luck! ;)

-NALs

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
"Lorem ipsum" is a false text used in graphic design; this means that they don't have the information yet and just used the text to format the page.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
They can't spell calendar, either...

Is 'Lorem ipsum' Latin or just gobbledigook?

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
I believe Columbia University is the Ivy League school with the most Dominican.

yoma

Apr 10, 2006
You should contact Harvard's Undergraduate Minority Recruitment Program (UMRP). There are current students who work for the UMRP, and their job is to be a resource for students who are applying. You can also talk to them about applying to college in general, not just Harvard. The website is:
Harvard College Admissions Office: prospective students

You can also call at 617-495-1514 and talk to someone or leave a message.

Good luck!

cablevisionidk

Oct 29, 2006
Alright! Thanks! Coincidentally, I recently received an email from Harvard's UMRP to encourage me to apply. And in it it gave me two e-mails of students who work for them, so hmm I guess I should e-mail them and plea for help lol

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Good luck. therehavebeen Dominicans at both schools for many years.
You want to write me a PM so I can giveyou the email of a wonderful woman who graduated from Yale for her BA and MA before heading to Chicago forher PhD.

HB

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Post Grad

Did some post-grad work at H.U.
Encourage you immensley to follow your dream.
PM me for more info. There are tons of grants
available, especially if you fit the 'profile'.
What a nice idea, love.
I would also contact Gringosabroso from previous
msg above.......seems cogent.
Suerte

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Essay

Forgot to mention:
Send me your essay via PM. I've seen a bunch.
tf