*** Media Gallery ***

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's now open for testing and photo uploading.

I haven't moved over the old member photos, this will happen VERY slowly, so please don't PM or email me asking why you cannot see photos you submitted 4 years ago. If you still have them, you can help us out by re-uploading them. Only the Stock and Paul Gerace photos have been re-uploaded to date.

New Gallery Features:

- Each member gets their own photo album. You can add new albums.
- Space = 10MB, with max photo upload of 250K.
- Upload restricted to 20 images per day.
- Favorites, profile, print an e-card options.
- You can add descriptions and comments to photos.
- Username and password is the same as the message board.
- Photo uploads are moderated, for obvious reasons.

In the next few weeks I will add the feature for videos to be uploaded.

If you have any problems or feedback, please post into this thread.

http://www.dr1.com/media/

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Cool, now there's no confusing as to who sent in the pictures.

I think you should scrap all old personal pictures unless they are scenic ones and have members start over with all new pictures. :)

Just a suggestion

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I think you should scrap all old personal pictures unless they are scenic ones and have members start over with all new pictures. :)

Just a suggestion

WONDERFUL suggestion Anna!!!

There were wayyyy too many "weird" personal pictures on there.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
WONDERFUL suggestion Anna!!!

There were wayyyy too many "weird" personal pictures on there.

Oh nooooooo!!! i like people pictures!!!!! Not pictures of tourists on the beach....but i like to look at the photos of Dominican people....i have even spotted a friend of mine in one of them!

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Perhaps people should put up recent full-body pictures with dates.:cheeky:
Some of those pictures looked like they were ancient history with little reflection on current reality.;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Perhaps people should put up recent full-body pictures with dates.:cheeky:
Some of those pictures looked like they were ancient history with little reflection on current reality.;)

Hey mine was only from 1999 when I joined and onward :surprised

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks for posting that picture of an icy presidente, now when I need it I don't have to look through 1500 pictures lol

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Thanks for posting that picture of an icy presidente, now when I need it I don't have to look through 1500 pictures lol

You're welcome Anna.

Jrzguy - I don't know what to tell you man. If it's descent people pictures then definately should be posted but I've seen some strange photos in there man.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
So...i am perplexed by the limitations of the new gallery. I have posted a few photos over the past couple of days...and find myself shrinking photos down to meet the specs of the site. Would you rather prefer low res (72 dpi) and larger image size...or smaller images at 150 dpi?

I guess i just would like my stuff to display nicely here...and would like some advice before posting more.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
250k per photo is fine and a max of 1500x1500 pixels shouldn't cause anyone a problem. These are very generous specs.

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
250k per photo is fine and a max of 1500x1500 pixels shouldn't cause anyone a problem. These are very generous specs.

Generous indeed. I am the member of a board that allows only 125KB. Go figure.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I've been having problems loggin in to the media gallery. Whenever I log in to DR1 then I go to the media gallery and it asks me to log in again, it doesn't allow me in and when I go back to the forum it doesn't allow me to log back in either. WHAT'S GOING ON?????!!!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I've been having problems loggin in to the media gallery. Whenever I log in to DR1 then I go to the media gallery and it asks me to log in again, it doesn't allow me in and when I go back to the forum it doesn't allow me to log back in either. WHAT'S GOING ON?????!!!!

I suggest you delete your DR1 cookies, close your browser, re-open your browser and login again.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I suggest you delete your DR1 cookies, close your browser, re-open your browser and login again.

yes thank you, I'm in now, but I'm having a hard time posting a picture. I can't seem to make it small enough to post it. I'm getting help from another member so I suppose eventually I'll be able to post pics. thanks again.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
yes thank you, I'm in now, but I'm having a hard time posting a picture. I can't seem to make it small enough to post it. I'm getting help from another member so I suppose eventually I'll be able to post pics. thanks again.

I use the free microsoft tool "Image Resizer" for Windows XP, once you download it, just right click anyphoto and you'll see the option on the drop down menu.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I use the free microsoft tool "Image Resizer" for Windows XP, once you download it, just right click anyphoto and you'll see the option on the drop down menu.

thanks, I'll try it at home, I'm at work so I can't download anything here.

thanks hlywud

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i helped mar and resized a couple of photos for her in photoshop CS2. They one is just over 100k and the other even smaller than that. both are only 3.2 inches wide.

One suggestion for the new media gallary....is for members to leave a comment and perhaps rate photos.

Saw that photo of Rocky's today of the dolphins and swimmers....WHERE WAS THAT TAKEN!!! its amazing!!! (please dont say that its a photoshoped image)