Dominican Work Visa - Pls Help

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
please help as i am unfamiliar with this aspect of DR life.

I am currently interviewing for a banking position in DR that offers no relocation. the position is good and the pay is still being negotiated, but my biggest concern is obtaining a work visa to work legally in DR.

normally i wouldn't care, but because it's with an american bank, everything will have to be by the book. since no relocation is in the deal i would have to fend for myself in this arena. what should i do???? how would i obtain a work visa? are there any other considerations?? has anyone else here been thru this? are there questions you guys suggest i should be asking??

thanks for your time and knowledge

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If you do a search you'll see that most members have said just come but if you need to do things by the book (which I'm sure working for a bank will require it) you need to get residency in order to work legally.

Here's the info DR1 - Legal

You can't get it ahead of time but you can go to a lawyer to have the application started as soon as you arrive.

Last edited:

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
If you do a search you'll see that most members have said just come but if you need to do things by the book (which I'm sure working for a bank will require it) you need to get residency in order to work legally.

Here's the info DR1 - Legal

You can't get it ahead of time but you can go to a lawyer to have the application started as soon as you arrive.

Can't she work in the D.R. with a work visa??

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
Thank you for the information, i really appreciate your time. but wait, does this mean that someone (in this case me) is offered a job for a big company or a multi national corp, they have to wait 3 months + to work in DR. i can't imagin this would be the case (actually since it's DR i can), but wouldn't this be counter productive?

I know people who have waited up to a year to get residency. wouldn't the work contract become null and void by then? unless you are a big CEO, what employer is going to wait around for 3 months minimum for you to get a work visa/residency in DR?

Last edited: