Suggestions For Our Family Trip

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Our family, Dad, Mom, kids 9, 12 & 13 will be staying for 1 month arriving on Dec 13 2006. I will rent a car for the month too. Any suggestions to entertain us all throughout are stay would be appreciated. We know about Ocean world and the cable car and the fun park amusement area just east of Cabarete but need to hear more. Is there a waterpark on the north shore?
Also, a fun spot for the whole family to bring in the new year would be nice.
It will be our first Xmas/new year spent away from Toronto. We are going to wrap a rope light up our biggest palm tree and it will be our Xmas tree this year.
Thanks
Steve

kdeer

Mar 28, 2006
Us too

We also are going to be in Cabarete for 1 month begining December 19th and it is our first Christmas away from Toronto. Mum, Dad, Grandmother and two (yes two) 18 year old boys. We've bought sparkle lights for our Christmas (palm) tree.

Not sure what your kids are into but my guys (and my neighbours kids who are 9ish) love to hang out at the skate board park in the Extreme Hotel. It's great as the kids can skate while you and mum have a drink or a bite to eat.

I'd also be interested to hear about any good spots for New Years.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
your holiday

main st in cabarete is scattered with excursion shops. they offer anything from helicopter ride to jeep safari. prices are more or less same. ask around, it there is more of you you may ask for a little discount.
taking trips with kids: better pay more and go with a big company, you get the insurance in case sth happenes.
make sure you take small change for all your trips (for tips), good shoes (no flip flops), sunscreen and a hat. plus, if you take a trip to santo domingo, dress respectably, you will enter historical and religious monuments so no shorts and bikini tops!
cabarete has schools of kite/wind and normal surfing.

ask about a trip to see thye whales, they come to DR waters in season (jan-march), i have been told it is an amazing experience.

have fun!