New Mail Service for Sosua & Cabarete

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Bankers Trust has announced that it has teamed with Xmail, the mail service in Puerto Plata there was a thread about, to offer inbound mail service to Sosua and Cabarete residents at rates significantly below those of EPS.

Here is their announcement:

Use any of your favorite courier services to have shipped letters and
packages to our Miami, Florida facility and shortly we'll have it
waiting for you in our offices in Sosua.

Our services offers the lowest cost in the area. For instance, an open
rate 1 lb. package will cost US 5.55 with EPS. Our price for the same
package is US 3.50. Your membership fee at EPS is $34 annually but there
is _NO_ fee for clients of BANKER TRUST who have rented a safe deposit
boxes (and a small fee for others).

All packages and letters will be addressed to you, the client, and
received at our facility in Miami, Florida as follows:

Client Name
1733 N.W. 79th Avenue
SA - 538
Miami, FL 33126

Your package or letter is then shipped by air from Miami where it
arrives in Santo Domingo and is delivered to our office in Sosua. We
call you when it arrives.

We hope you can benefit from this service. Call us at (809) 571-4622 or
come by for a membership card.

Liciana Kools
BANKER TRUST

Note: I don't have anything to do about this. But having paid the EPS rates for 20 years, I am certainly interested in a money-saving option and intend to check it out.

By chance, I called EPS to find out what the shipping cost would be on a mutifunction printer that I was ordering from the US. With a shipping weight of around 20 pounds, the shipping cost will be more than US$100. Unfortunately, I placed the offer before learning about this new service. As I understand it from the info they put out, I could have lowered that cost my more than 1/3 by using this new service.

Last edited:

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
"Banker Trust"??

What is "Banker Trust"? A DR bank? An American bank? Where is it [or they] located? I've never heard of this bank or a DR company with this name.
* The Puerto Plata office of Xmail is off to a flying start. Omens are very positive. I suggest that you check it out. Thank you.

cork

Aug 23, 2003
Banker's Trust

What is "Banker Trust"? A DR bank? An American bank? Where is it [or they] located? I've never heard of this bank or a DR company with this name.
* The Puerto Plata office of Xmail is off to a flying start. Omens are very positive. I suggest that you check it out. Thank you.

Located to the rear of Banco Santa Cruz on Pedro Clisante