Riu Bambu Oct. 22nd - 29th

Tracy

Jan 23, 2004
Hi.

Well I am back again from Punta Cana. This time I traveled with my mother and one of her friends. For my last several visits I haven't stayed in a resort, but thought it would be best for them.

Our room at the Bambu was good, we never felt cramped with having an extra bed in the room. I felt that the bathroom was a little cramped, but having hot water all the time was a plus... There was only one outlet in the bathroom and my battery charger for my camera wouldn't even fit. I had to get an adapter from the front desk, which was no problem.

We arrived on Sunday early afternoon and already there were no loungers by the pool available. No people in them just towels..very annoying. Same thing for the beach area. But had no problems the rest of the time, just get them early. For October being a low month I was surprised how busy and how
many people were there.

We did 2 excurisons and a day trip to Higuey. We did Saona Island and Jurassic Safari. Jurassic Safari was a great day out! I have been on the Monster Truck Safari and one thing I liked beter was that you didn't have the long drive to Higuey before the tour started. The true Dominican meal was very good, and the drinks were plenty. Rigo was our guide and did a really good job. I have made a photosite of my Jurassic Safari photo's to share, just go to Jurassic Safari -- created with PhotoSite.

Anyone wanting a fun day out in the countryside and a tour a little less than the others please try them..

In all it was a great trip and we laughed A LOT. I never thought traveling with my mom would be so much fun. Thank goodness she had a friend with her.

Tracy

bullet

Nov 17, 2006
My buddy just picks up the towels off those chairs and then goes to the towel exchange and watchs those nail heads try and talk their way out of paying the 10 bucks for the lost towel ...next day the toewl caper tapers way off .....

paul3209

Sep 15, 2006
stolen camera

To all while Riu Bambu is a very nice resort. Make sure you keep all valuables in your safe and becare by the pool. My video camera was stole from me.

I've run into the lounge chairs with towels in them thing everytime I've stayed at a resort.

You know what I do? If I see one unoccupied for more than 15 minutes or so, I pick the chair I want, and make the towel get lost.

I think reserving free chairs with towels is extremely rude.