MUSIC IN DR..WHERE CAN WE GET IT HERE

M

mary

I understand Merengue is the music that is very popular in DR. I would like to pick up some music before we go so we can get INTO IT while we are preparing to go. Can anyone give any suggestions of artists or CD's which are currently hot in the DR. We are in Vancouver, BC but I am sure I could get anything that is out there.

Thanks!

P

prtyr

Try CDnow.com. I have bought many Merengue CDs from them. I personally like Sin Fronteras, Milly Quezada etc. Elvis Crespo is also big down there.

You can also try lamusica.com and follow the links to mega 97 in New York. They have a top twenty countdown on their site. Most of what is hot there is also hot down in the DR. You can listen to the top 20 and pick which ones you like.

C

Cathy

Mary,

The perfect place to get the hottest Merengue music around here is a little store called "La Bamba" on commercial, just off of first. We we're in the DR in November and some of the really hot names are" Los Toros Band, Rubby Perez, Eddy Herrera, Sergiio Vargas" But if you go to La Bamba and ask they'll show you all the hot stuff and they'll even let you listen to the CD's prior to buying them. Just keep in mind that you'll be looking at about $25.00 a cd, because they are imports. Just out of curiosity, when are you going and where will you be staying? If you want any info you can email me at: sendtocathy@hotmail.com

Hope this helps

Cathy

S

Sonny

Another Vancouverite??? Hey i'm pretty sure you can find it at Highlife Records on Commercial Drive and if not then I suggest you listen to 96.1 or 96.3FM? in the morning(Carib/Latin music)and ask the DJ,he will know for sure.While your in the DR make sure you get a real tan not one of these "rains so much you actually rust type tans that us Vancouverites gotta put up with here"And if you can't find Merengue on the "Drive" let me know maybe you can copy my tapes?

Have a good one

Sonny

R

ROBERT SAUNDERS

If you want Merenge Romatico look for Ferdando Villalona( spelling may be incorrect) If you have no luck in Vancouver, I'm going down in April and i can pick something up for you. You can get some tapes/cd very cheap but the quality is not that great.

R

rick

If you would like to get into the mood while you are working on your computer, go to the following site <A HREF="http://radio.sonicnet.com">http://radio.sonicnet.com</A> / and listen to Adult Latin Pop. This is a great site for all types of music. I'll be in Punta Cana Feb. 5th. Now that I know the music...all I have to do is learn how to dance the Merengue! (-:

M

Me

dr1 recently printed the entertainment award winners on the daily news. Juan Luis Guerra is a world famous Dominican and merengue artist. Eddy Herrerra won a few awards. They also listen to other Latin American artists...Marc Antony, Marc Antony Solis, among others. They also listen to Mexican music; there is a good Latin kAmerican interchange of talent now, thanks to TV.

D

DR-Defender

Re: $25 a CD??? That's crazy!!!

I don't mean to sound a little too crazy there but personally I think that's ridiculous. I also don't mean to sound like I know everything but I do know for about how much you can get these cd's and the price would be right around $11.99-$12.99. With $25 I can buy two cd's and possibly have extra change. Anyhow, I just bought these two cd's that are mixed-meaning that they have the hottest songs that are around right now. But one of them is really good. Now, I think for you Mary that would be great because you get it all in one package and it was only about 11 dollars that I got it for cause I bought it at this flee market in New Hamshire. I could always be nice and buy it for you send it if you are interested and if there is time. And by the way, remember I am not B-S you cause I am a Dominican who is always going to spanish clubs and have the latest when it comes to Merengue and Bachata and I dance them both. I hope no one thinks I sound boastful or anything I'm only trying to help out. If anyone is interested in anything just let me. I will do whatever I can to help out. I live in Massachusetts. Hope this helps:)