Thanks DR1'ers!! from MommC

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
What was his final poll number???

I think he was at 4% when I voted ... did it improve to make him competitive?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
He was at 5% when the poll was prematurely shut down.....on the main page listings it now shows him at 4% which is with the main pack so that's fine.....
We succeeded in leveling the field somewhat, getting the poll shut down and keeping the ppl who were really manipulating it to a more realistic spot in the poll. Only the top runner (who is deputy mayor and topped the real poll in the last election) is actually where he should be but the rest are at least in line with their actual popularity based on door to door responses to canvassers.
So to all those who I PM'd asking them to go to the website and vote for my son I again say thank you!
Now I'm off to one of the final and biggest debates of the campaign - sponsored by the local labour council and the public servant employees union!
Should be interesting and I've heard via the grapevine that certain factions in the city are 'gunning' for my boy so we'll see how well he handles himself.
Lord I hate politics........

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks for all your help to those I PM'd who complied with my request.

The online poll has now been shut down! Uapa!

Seems one of the candidates was complaining the other night at a public debate about people "stacking" the poll so late last night the radio station shut it down even tho' they had said it would run until election day.

Interesting to note that the person who was complaining went from being one of the 'pack' to being in the top three in a 24 hour period but when the other candidates started catching up, he became "upset" at the unscientific nature of the poll that HE felt could damage some of the newer, unknown candidates running for office.

Just goes to show that it isn't only in the DR where "la politica tan succio"!

Thanks again for your help!

Nice to know the DR1 community really comes together to help out those in need even when the need is only to level out the playing field in an uncontrolled, unscientific , potentially damaging, online poll!!

No wonder I love the DR so much !!!! It's the PEOPLE!!!

I