working in Puerto Plata

Dionne

Nov 3, 2006
Hello,

I am wondering off somebody can gave me advice how to find a job in the Dominican Republic (Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete). I have been searching now for a few weeks and none off the hotels are reacting on my email.

I prefer to work in a hotel/touroperator (tourism) but not as a sankie. At the moment I work for a touroperator in the Netherlands, but I want something new, a new challange to get more experience.

All the advice is welcome and maybe you know something for me.

With kind regards,

Dionne

VENOM29

Oct 22, 2006
hello

i am from the uk, i am planning to move to the dominican republic in jan 07 and i am looking for some work.i have worked as a customer services advisor for the last 7 years and i have alot of experiance. I speak fleunt english and will be learning spanish when i move in jan.

If you have any position available or if you would like me to send you a copy of my cv please email me.

thank you

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
hello

i am from the uk, i am planning to move to the dominican republic in jan 07 and i am looking for some work.i have worked as a customer services advisor for the last 7 years and i have alot of experiance. I speak fleunt english and will be learning spanish when i move in jan.

If you have any position available or if you would like me to send you a copy of my cv please email me.

thank you

Don't set your expectations too high! There are a lot of Dominicans who are also fluent in English AND Spanish and some have German and French as well.

If you are sending your cv to anyone I think you can take it for granted that if they know you are from the UK they will assume a certain level of fluency in English (spoken and written ;) ) so you may want to concentrate on other strengths you possess.........

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
they probably won't hire you unless they meet you in person - just the way it works down there, especially in that industry. good luck.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Jobs in Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete, are not easily found. Remember, you're wanting to work in a country with an unemployment problem. Why would any employer want to hire you, from another country, instead of a local?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Looking at today's print version of El Faro I see Harrison's are advertising again. The last few ads. have been for sellers at their Bavaro branch, today's paper has vacancies for 'decoradores' in both Bavaro and Puerto Plata. Must have previous experience and be over 21 years of age. Email cv to zmercedes@harrisons.com

There's also a separate ad. (a different company, which has a Puerto Plata phone number) for a grua operator, but I don't think that's the sort of a job for a new foreign resident................:p

Dionne

Nov 3, 2006
Lambada tnx for the email address.. I was already looking further because in Puerto Plata nobody replies and in Punta Cana they did reply my email, but i am still looking...
thanks for you help

franberu

Apr 5, 2002
Have you tried the Gregorio Luperon Aeropuerto?

If you are looking foir a job in the vicinity of Puerto Plata, Sosua and you speak many languages you might try to contact Gerald at the Ambar Collection office in Sosua. It is located at Suite 20 in a little Plaza next to Banco Popular. The owner is Edith Meyerstein. This work is done into the duty free zone of the airport.
Good luck