Use a lot of LD minutes to USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pzerimars

Nov 4, 2006
I've been trying to find some people for the sampling/testing phase for a long distance service for about two weeks but most people tell my they don't use the phone that much or they don't have internet, so I came here.

It's a Voice over IP service (think Vonage) specifically geared for us Dominicans. We basically need some people to volunteer/participate in a free testing phase to make sure we have all the kinks/bugs out of the system. The only thing we ask in return is some opinions on the service, what features they would like, etc.

Before anyone asks or claims this is fake, the reason it's free is because we don't think it'd be fair to charge someone for what might be a flawed service. You'd be able to call anyone you want (in the US) for as much as you want for the length of the program.

If you're interested just PM me or email me at pramirez@mecho.com (the site is still under construction, sorry about that). General questions can be answered in this thread.

Oh, businesses are also welcomed to test it out.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Uhm, this post had me look up the definition of spam :knockedou

One of the best I could find, is this ..

An electronic message is "spam" IF:
(1) the recipient's personal identity and context are irrelevant because the message is equally applicable to many other potential recipients; AND
(2) the recipient has not verifiably granted deliberate, explicit, and still-revocable permission for it to be sent; AND
(3) the transmission and reception of the message appears to the recipient to give a disproportionate benefit to the sender.

So what do you all say? Spam, or not spam?

pzerimars

Nov 4, 2006
Spam? Nope.

But I will tell you that I obviously still don't understand the Dominican community in DR. I've had family members ask their life long friends and each one of them seems to coward away from even it as though it were a joke or something evil in nature.

The part that interests me is that I just had to tell one person in Washington Heights and I had around 50 responses. Quite the opposite from the people in DR. The same behavioral patterns are shown in this thread. I'm sure my message could have been written in a different manner to make it seem more appealing, but the basic context would still have been the same: we need people in DR to test a service. Regardless, 1 reply and 49 views. Where as with the WH thing, it was 1 view and 50 replies.

BTW, that's where your (3) condition fails considering it's mutually beneficial to people that use a lot of LD minutes to USA. WE get the benefit of making sure the billing system, CDR, load balancers, media gateways, clusters, and CMS work flawlessly and you, in return, can call whoever you want for as long as you want. So for people with BFs/GFs/husbands/wives in the US, who easily use up 3000+ minutes per month, it'd be extremely beneficial if you ask me.

Considering that those conditions are IF and only IF conditions, it seems that this would fail that logic test.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Excepting if I want to use the DR1 as a benefit to my business, I have to usually pay advertising rates. So, this is now closed. Contact Robert@dr1.com, discuss your proposal with him and he would be able to give you excellent advertising rates and the ability to take this offer to a large audience. If you're aiming at a Dominican audience, try the local newspapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.