German traditional food and wines?

TitoDisla

Nov 6, 2006
I?m in need of German wines available in the Puerto Plata/ Santiago area, for a university project. I need to present traditional German dishes with their respective wines to be accompanied with. Please help me on where to get this wines (if you can, please provide the brand), and which dishes can be easily prepared to present with each wine. Any tip will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tito

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
go to sosua

first time i hear about german wines, germans are more of a beer nation....

you will find in sosua small german comunity with german shops and restaurants, they will be able to advice you!

Eddyx

Sep 9, 2005
first time i hear about german wines, germans are more of a beer nation....

you will find in sosua small german comunity with german shops and restaurants, they will be able to advice you!

I have tasted a sparkling white wine, which is President Brand.

chinola

Sep 6, 2005
The German Bakery in Sosua, Villas Ana Maria does sell german wine and also some typical products to prepare german food such as sauces, red cabbage and "Kn?del".
There open from Monday to Saturday, 7am to 7pm.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
For US

....German wines available in ...Puerto Plata...German dishes with their respective wines

As minovio-novia rightly said, you'll get help from the German people in Sosua and/or Cabarete.

Famous German wine growing areas are:
Rheinhessen, Pfalz, Baden, Mosel, Saar, Wuerttemberg and Franken (with its characteristically shaped 'Bocksbeutel'-bottle).
Unfortunately not many wines are imported from Germany, exept that horrible 'Liebfrauenmilch' which only Americans seem to drink...

m'frog

TitoDisla

Nov 6, 2006
Thank you very much for your help
if you know of any other german restaurant or shop please let me know...

Thanks again, Tito